Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, we build iconic brands together. Our Brand Manager is accountable for the delivery of top line and bottom line targets for a portfolio of brands or a single brand. You will oversee commercial operations across markets/networks and will work closely with store staff and retailers to ensure achievement of targets through advanced customer and people experience while also raising brand awareness and sharing incredible experiences together.
- Participate in setting up the yearly strategic plan and budgets
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity)
- Coordinate with the Marketing team; recommend marketing mix for existing shops and new openings
- Receive allocated yearly budget and monitor the budget achievement in coordination with Finance
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in term of sales targets, margin and profit and take corrective action when necessary
- Approve Brand mix and oversee smooth implementation of opening, closing and renovation of stores and/or counters and often get involved with the demand planning
- Maintain smooth relationships with the suppliers/brand owners and business partners
- Negotiate targets, locations and brand support with key suppliers
- Promote customer service excellence by running surveys and analysing benchmarks
- Analyse and improve cost effectiveness; prepare ad review budget updates in collaboration with General Manager
- Attend Sales Managers/ Retail Managers meetings to review counter performances: sales achievements, marketing activities, staff training
- Monitor and analyse market trends, competitor activities; provide action plans and follow up on implementation
- Ensure proper implementation of in-store marketing animation plan/guidelines from Brand Owner
- Analyse profitability of the counters/ brands & monitor market share
- Review monthly reports on customer & sales analysis, shopper insights, traffic in store and store/counter KPIs and prepare action plan accordingly
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience in retail fashion or beauty
- Experience in wholesale
- Buying experience
- Experience in kid's wear is a plus
- Arabic is a plus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.