Job description / Role
Are you a self-starter with a passion for e-commerce, looking to expand your retail skillset and shaping the way the biggest brands work with Amazon?
Sounds great. What will I be working on?
As Brand Specialist, you will be part of the Strategic Vendor Services (SVS) team, which provides a suite of services designed to help Amazon's most strategic brands working across all key areas of retail business. You will work with vendors supplying the top brands on Amazon, acting as the main point of contact for them. Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow your brands and improve their performance. You will do this while facilitating great business relationships and ensuring vendors’ satisfaction with the service.
Key responsibilities as a Brand Specialist are:
• Own the relationship end-to-end with top brands
• Partner internally with key retail functions to contribute to the definition of priorities and operational goals according to the brands’ needs
• Partner with our Media Team to insure best in class event execution
• Define joint business plans and assist in delivering impact for the brands you support directly
• Regularly audit metrics to continually drive quality of the SVS experience and deliver targets
• Contribute to continuous enhancement and innovation within the SVS across MENA
• Brand Specialists work on a variety of tasks for the brands they support, typically falling within the five focus areas.
These include but are not limited to:
• Business Advice: Providing business advice based on deep financial analysis and reporting, to identify areas of opportunities
• Selection: Helping grow the selection of products by managing the launch of new products and improving product discoverability
• Availability: Support driving process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation
• Traffic: Analyzing traffic channels and working on initiatives to generate traffic by supporting the development, execution of marketing and merchandising campaigns
• Conversion: Planning and executing promotional activities and improving customer journey on Amazon
Alongside this, you will contribute to improving the efficiency of the service itself. We are constantly working to build scale for this service through the right set of tools and cross-functional collaboration including but not limited to Tech teams.
This role is available in Dubai
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
• Minimum of 6 month professional experience/internship
• Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
• Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
• Ability to communicate efficiently both internally and externally
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
• Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Fluent in English
• Experience in Financial analysis, Retail buying, Retail planning & allocation, Product/project management, Marketing, Business development, consulting, negotiation or supply chain is a plus
• Experience using analytical specific tools such as Google Analytics, SQL or HTML is a plus
• Negotiation experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s studies within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar filed is preferred
Brand Specialists in SVS are connected to the heart of Amazon—its employees. We are working fast to define and deliver high-quality results that sets the bar for the entire industry. Working in a passionate team you will learn and grow whilst also helping others to do so. This role offers 360 ?exposure to different areas of the industry e-commerce, opening a multitude of career paths.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.