Job description / Role
We are looking for a competitive insurance Broker to partake in our business development activities. You will develop, agree and manage individual account plans and sales pipelines and/or identify, qualify and close new business opportunities. The goal is to steadily forge long-term relationships to secure the company’s revenues and growth.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Your primary responsibility is to grow profitable AWNIC business with existing intermediary accounts and/or with new accounts, through defending renewal business and creating new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships within assigned intermediary organizations to thoroughly understand their strategy, culture, personalities, customer base and decision making and ensure they fully understand AWNIC propositions.
- Develop, agree and maintain a yearly account plan for each allocated intermediary to achieve sales strategy and targets.
- Manage the overall sales pipeline with these intermediaries to ensure AWNIC achieves its annual sales targets.
- Lead the identification, planning, qualification and winning of new key account relationships to grow the portfolio of intermediary accounts in line with sales strategy.
- Manage the effective delivery of account plans and/or winning of new business, involving marketing, sales, operations, claims and underwriting colleagues, to ensure AWNIC achieves the required service and performance.
- Be a recognized expert is applying best practice sales techniques and tools and demonstrating the brand
beliefs, fully exploiting your skills, knowledge and experience and AWNIC investment in your training and development.
- Actively coach, develop and support account managers and less experienced colleagues to ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in sales performance and as part of their personal and professional development.
- Comply with the required standards of sales excellence and best practice and operating effectiveness and efficiency, and Group, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Premium collection in line with the company policy.
- Insurance relationship is up to date and all accounts are up to date and premiums are paid on time.
- To supervise and the brokers contracts and review them and ensure they are up to date and renewed on a regular bases. Also ensure that clauses are up to date.
- Bachelor Degree holder; preferably Insurance related Degree.
- Microsoft Office Competent.
- Fluent English.
Core Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding AWNIC Propositions
- Understanding the Marketplace
- Building Effective Relationships
- Understanding the Data
- Using Judgment
- Communicating Effectively
- Delivering Results
Functional Skills & Knowledge:
- Effective Selling
- Account Planning & Management
- Pipeline Management
- Bid Management
- Securing New Business
- Successfully achieved upper quartile sales in an Account Manager role over a sustained period.
- Proactively coached or mentored new starters or other less experienced colleagues.
Years of Experience:
- 4 to 6 of practical experience in Insurance Sector.
The role will typically be measured with the following KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators):
- Achievement of annual sales targets.
- Clear account plan for each intermediary that has buy in from the intermediary and within AWNIC.
- Profitability of the Intermediary Accounts.
- Quality of intermediary relationships and associated feedback/satisfaction scores.
- Application of AWNIC sales and marketing best practice, also return on training and development investment.
- Application of AWNIC Brand Beliefs to these accounts and their customers.
- Clear articulation of AWNIC risk appetite to intermediaries and customers.
- Professionalism and overall attitudes towards Management and colleagues.
About the Company
Al Wathba National Insurance Company Co P.S.C - AWNIC. is one of the leading insurance companies in UAE. It has a well spread service network across UAE with its registered head office situate in Abu Dhabi and its branches in Dubai, sharjah and Al Ain respectively.
AWNIC has a qualified and experienced management team of professionals who interact constantly with their clients. the well trained and courteous technical team takes proper care of costumers in the day to day services & administration through its professional but caring touch