Job description / Role
Building Architect / Urban Designer – Emirati National Only
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
• Independently performs a wide variety of conventional and moderately-complex architectural assignments by applying architectural design standards, practices, and techniques. The incumbent at this level regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in developing original designs, is proficient in the utilization of standard architectural techniques, and is thoroughly familiar with company procedures.
• Performs a variety of assignments such as conducting architectural studies, developing design concepts and design criteria, and preparing related reports.
• Reviews CAD drawings, renderings, layouts, study models, construction documents, and color boards prepared by Architectural Designers. Ensures compliance with applicable codes, standards, and client requirements.
• Writes construction specifications and prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials. Interfaces with suppliers as required.
• Coordinates work with engineering and construction units at project site. Reviews, approves, and issues detailed design and construction drawings and specifications prepared by others.
• Provides the seal and signature of a professional architect when required by statute or contract.
• Provides technical guidance to Architectural Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• At least 4-year Degree in Architectural/Urban Design.
• 3 to 5 years relevant experience in Engineering Construction Management.
• Preferably with experience in buildings, and urban development.
• Must be a citizen of United Arab Emirates.
Your future is calling!
Complete an online application and attach a comprehensive and latest copy of your CV in English.
Foreign Nationals are encouraged to review and apply on other suitable vacancies at www.parsons.com
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.