Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
I am a senior member of the Building Services Leadership team with a real focus on our delivery and clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Building Services Director who holds a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University to join our team. The Ideal candidate would have 15+ years experience leading international MEP teams.
Your new role, what's involved?
* I am a key accountable team leader responsible for the output of a large team of engineers and part of our Building Services leadership team.
* I have a seller-doer mentality with a strong work-winning capability. I am smart in appearance, a great communicator, and represent myself and our business well in front of our internal and external clients.
* I am self-motivated, target driven, and have the ambition to succeed.
* I have both Design and Construction related experience within international Tier 1 consultancy practices and utilise my existing knowledge to get the best results for our clients on our projects.
* I have experience working remotely and using technology where required to effectively communicate with our people and clients.
* I am accountable for the overall success of projects. This includes managing timeliness, contract negotiation, project management, quality, project financial performance, risk management, communication to the business, and scope management of the projects.
* I actively contribute to the ongoing development of engineering excellence within the team and help to create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement within engineering design.
* I am responsible for providing technical expertise and overseeing the technical aspects of a project. I am responsible for ensuring that technical standards are working in the design and supervision documentation.
* I have a track record of delivering complex and challenging projects across a range of sectors resulting in repeat business.
* I manage project profitability and financial contribution for allocated projects.
* I can lead potential prospects from start to finish and / or provide technical and commercial input to client proposals and bid planning.
* I take responsibility for the direction of the business relationship and build strong personal relationships across the business.
* I manage and direct business opportunities, develop new ideas, and seek to provide increasingly efficient and effective high-quality service.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* I have BSc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University
* I have 15-20 years of broad, international experience in multi-disciplinary projects.
* I have experience of leading, motivating, and driving teams of 30+ engineers of all grades.
* I am a member of a professional institution. Preferably a Chartered Engineer or the criteria for working towards Chartership.
* I have people leadership skills.
* I have project management and project leadership skills.
* I have an established reputation in the Building Services and Construction industry.?
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.