Job description / Role
Building Surveyor / City – Regional Manager (Grade 5)
Reports to Head of Validation
The role of Building Surveyor / City – Regional Manager is a mix of mobile “in the field” and an office based managerial role, responsible for the leadership of validation teams to work in an efficient and highly accurate team. While also surveying a multitude of built environment locations.
• The role requires the candidate to be highly tech literate, as they will predominately be required to use the company’s proprietary in-house smart phone app as well as a number of other software, CRM and project management packages.
• The candidate must have built environment background, either, FM or construction, with a strong emphasis on MEP (building services) with an excellent working knowledge of Mechanical and HVAC systems, the associated MEP services which include, but not limited to, Electrical, plumbing, firefighting and life safety.
• The Candidate must have proven experience in resource management and project sequencing and deployment planning, with emphasis on efficient processes, lean6sigma experience would be advantageous.
• The Candidate will work closely with the BD team for scheduling of new buildings and portfolios to be onboard, managing the building onboarding pipeline.
• The candidate will also be required to survey buildings gathering a wealth of information about the building and the installed technical assets within and distilling that information down into useful information to the company’s software platform.
• The Candidate must be able to read and interpret architectural plans, quickly familiarize themselves with a multitude of building types, and develop the most efficient validation strategy for the each building surveyed, and communicate the strategy through the application and site specific briefings to the assigned building validation teams
• The Candidate must have good working knowledge of Health and Safety practices and undertake risk assessment of each building when surveying
• The candidate will be responsible for effectively managing the City/ Region Validation and onboarding function to ensure company best practices are followed and maintained. costs are controlled, the area maximizes revenue generation and contribution to the company’s operating profit and increases the value added to the company.
• The Candidate will attend client meetings with DB team as required and be responsible for dealing with any staff issues (in close liaison with Human Resources and the HoV).
• In conjunction with Head of Validation, produce build programmes and monitor and review in conjunction with Building Surveyors and Validation teams to ensure adherence to on boarding programmes. This includes weekly visits to sites where Validation teams are carrying out on boarding.
• Liaise with the BD team to ensure up to date understanding of building on boarding pipeline targets in the area in order to ensure the commencement and completion dates are agreed by all required stakeholders and executed on time.
• The regional manager will be responsible to reviewing and managing pipeline workload, and advise the Head of validation on required recruitment and staff growth to meet the demands of sustained workload. The candidate will work in coordination with HR and the HoV in selecting the right local/regional candidates and put forward recommendations to the HoV
• The candidate will report to the Head of Validation providing analyses of the on boarding procedures and their effectiveness in their market/region. Team performance, budgetary performance and workload pipeline and management.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills: The role requires the candidate to interact with client representatives at all levels, from Senior Managers to general operatives. The Candidate must have a clear and positive communication style, capable of communicating clearly. The position is a senior highly technical and supervisory position; therefore, communication must also be effective down the line in order to ensure the proper execution of the roles/functions in all junior positions.
Health & Safety:
• Before a site commences ensure required risk assessment and risk mitigation is in place.
• Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the company's Health, Safety & Environment Policy in order to ensure a safe working environment for employed, sub-contractors and members of the public.
• Ensure compliance with the same, throughout the department. Carry out monthly inspections of each team.
• Review specific training needs with the Head of Validation and ensure appropriate training throughout the Area Team.
Supervisory/ Leadership/ People Skills:
• The candidate oversees the roles of the validation teams, in their given city/region the candidate is responsible for line management of their teams, constantly ensures that the functions of these positions are properly and effectively being executed.
• The candidate must lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs. Ensure the Area Team runs in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. Ensure that poor performance is not tolerated and is remedied via support, training or disciplinary action as appropriate.
• Recognise and encourage excellent performance.
• The role requires the candidate to have problem solving skills to resolve basic issues as they arise, but also be able to assess situations to bring to the attention of more senior management to resolve said issues
• Education: A suitable candidate must have a degree in a building services related engineering discipline, or equivalent in working experience. Post graduate qualifications relating to business management would be beneficial.
• Experience: The candidate must have 7-10+ years of experience in MEP Building services design or FM related industry. The candidate must experience in the field of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
• The candidate must have 3+ years of proven experience in staff management, resource and project planning, with a focus of streamlined efficacies and high performance
• Driving License: The candidate must have a full and clean driver’s license.
• IT skill: The candidate must be highly tech literate with use of smart phones and tablets, must be reasonably proficient in Ms Office, MS Project, Autodesk applications, Advanced PDF work and CRM applications.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.