Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 50 million visits to its catalogue of more than million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Understanding the business requirements and key metrics to derive insight/ analysis from the system data gathered and design meaningful reports and dash boards for the business units and company management
- Act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyse, and come with .Insights .Act as Business rule holder for different reports.
- Define, develop and communicate key metrics and business trends to partner and management teams
- Model and present data to create reporting and dashboards for business process management and data mining
- Coordinate with business units and key process owners to identify, develop and drive key analytics and reporting projects relevant to the business
- Execute quantitative analysis that translate data into actionable insights
- Analyze business requirements for reporting and analysis and subsequently translating the emanating results into good technical data designs and reports
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and document information in details
- Design optimal solutions for integrating business requirements with systems
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Gather and maintain best practices that can be adopted in big data stacking and sharing across the business
- Keep abreast with technology; maintain a current level of knowledge of the technical environment relevant to industry leading practices and continuously propose innovative solutions
- Conduct any other activities relevant to the job: Business Intelligence tools - R, SAS Models
- Hands experience on big databases
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or engineering any other related subject from a reputable university. MBA is preferable
- Excellent knowledge in statistical analysis.
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst, preferably in a technology or logistics industry
- Strong quantitative abilities, distinctive problem-solving and excellent analysis skills
- Technical capabilities: Proficient in SQL, Excel, Other scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Strong working experience with BI tools (Microstratergy, BO, Pentaho, Qlikview etc.) and Statistical tools (R, SAS etc.)
- Strong background in statistical modelling and experience with statistical tools such R, SASS or SPSS.
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of business procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of BI tools
- Knowledge in building reports and workflow design, and software development best practices
- Able to work and communicate effectively with Engineers, DBAs and Business users
- Able to manage projects
- Excellent English written / verbal communication skills
- Design thinking and Analytical Approach
- Energetic, focused and motivated, flexible, willing to be part of the team and participate in the planning and execution of day to day work and all projects on hand
- Strong problem detection abilities
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.