Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible for executing the various activities pertaining to business analysis and planning for GMG business units under the guidance of the manager. superiors. The role holder is responsible for executing day today tasks as assigned by the superiors in compliance with the policies and procedures of the GMG group.
Core Responsibilities: Business Analysis
• Analysis of Inventory movement data & identification of reason for low/ high sales
• Tracking and reporting of key KPIs - Footfall conversion, ATV, UPT etc.
• Ability to analyze store sales performance by breaking it down into categories/ brands
• Ability to analyze effectiveness of operations by breaking it down into key KPIs GMROM, GMROI etc.
• Generate adhoc reports based on management requirement
• Analysis of margin achieved vis-à-vis budgeted/ target numbers and leading it to store operating profit
Planning 8 Merchandising:
• Working directly with business to help enhance merch planning by developing readymade dashboards
• Helping businesses analyzing OTB plans vs receipts vs sell thru
• Developing dashboards as needed
Prepares the necessary monthly reports and the requested ad-hoc summaries/reports as may be requested by the seniors, related to:
• Sales, Margins
• Stocks, Inventory, Port Shipments, Distributions, Freight, Customs, Shipment Delays etc.
• Budget Utilization
• Business Performance including Cash Flow, P&L statements
• Retail Productivity Metrics
• Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
• Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
• Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
• 1-3 years of relevant experience across the MIS and Analytics
• Written and spoken English is essential
• Analytical Ability
• Financial Reporting
• Divisions/Business Units / Departments
About the Company
Established in 1978, by the Baker family who still own and manage the company today, Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East's leading, family owned companies. Gulf Marketing Group operates regionally, across the GCC and boasts a diverse portfolio of brands, retail outlets and services. Gulf Marketing Group subsidiaries operate in key sectors such as retail and distribution of sporting goods and lifestyle brands, health and fitness, food and food processing, integrated 3PL logistics, real estate, healthcare and pharmacies, education and technology. Since 1978, Gulf Marketing Group has introduced more than 90 international brands into the Middle East, as well as building the reputation of our homegrown brands as reliable and quality driven companies.
We are proud to be one of the top 10 retailers in the Gulf region with:
- More than three decades experience managing international brands in local environments
- A prestigious portfolio of world class brand partners
- Anchor tenancy in all major GCC shopping malls
- A proven track record of securing exclusive retail and distributor agreements
- An experienced management team
- Strong customer relationships