Job description / Role
- Liaise with business owners/managers and translate Business Requirements to IT initiatives
- Service as Senior representative of IT to Business and vice versa
- Attend internal client meetings, understand their requirements and act as a bridge between business and IT to deliver end to end solution.
- Author User Stories (equivalent to traditional Business Requirement Document (BRD)), Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Process flows.
- Ensure the correct implementation according to agree user stories
- Serve as a voice to project the expectations of customers on new or already existing products
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team
- Manage and develop product backlog, as well as user stories backlog for implementation
- Conduct backlog grooming meetings with a team of product owners
- Attend sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team
- Monitor the progress of product development, as well as plan for product release
- Contact customers and end users to obtain information on expected product features
- Provide reports to update management and stakeholders on product development operations
- Analyze customer opinions and feedback to determine features or components that will add good value to a product
- Participate in agile conferences and study relevant scrum material to update job knowledge/skill
- Constantly exchange ideas with product owners within an organization
- Assess product value stream to identify areas that require improvements
- Measure product performance as well as value delivered to clients in order to make adjustments where necessary
- Develop and implement action plans for building and sustaining demand for a product
- Ensure implemented product features add value to end users and increase company returns
- Excellent understanding of Banking Domains (Retail & Corporate, Banking Network, Product Development, Transaction Banking)
- Graduation degree or more.
- Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO) or as a certified scrum product owner (CSPO)
- Hands on experience as Agile Product owner, optionally additionally as Business Analysis and/or Project manager
- More than 10 years' experience proving exposure to Banking Business and IT
- More than 8 years' experience as Agile PO (partially possible as Business analyst), Managing Projects and teams.
- Good command of English
- Able to direct and motivate the product development team of an organization
- able to conduct surveys to determine most appropriate feature to add to a new or existing product
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team management skills
- Excellent Interpersonal relations skills
- Adept to working with user groups and scrum team to obtain and analyze user stories
- Stakeholder Management
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
TGC Consulting Middle East
Assistant Finance Manager
Business Intelligence Analyst