Job description / Role
As a Business Analyst, you will be integral to the team's efforts to enable a 3-year strategy formulation and planning, annual strategy execution and performance management, ongoing corporate development activity - organic and inorganic related to achieving profitable and sustainable growth, and one-off projects for stakeholder engagement at the Government level.
A leading semi-government organisation in the UAE with interesting business lines and a strong development and progression culture.
You will be expected to deliver detailed business planning, financial modelling and analysis, and present robust hypothesis-based recommendations / insights on corporate level projects.
* Enable the strategic and corporate objectives alignment process by undertaking environmental scans, competitive and comparative analysis, benchmarking studies, and performing robust analysis of corporate wide-performance and business strategies
* Produce high-quality in-house research reports to support decision making activities
* Manage one's allocated resources effectively to gather the required data points and independently structure insights to support corporate strategy and planning activities
* Assist in conducting ad-hoc research and analysis on miscellaneous strategic initiatives and M&A activities
* Deliver to a plan outlined by Corporate Office, work effectively with Senior and Operational teams in stakeholder departments, and deliver high quality and structured presentation documents with duly diligent analysis
* Assist in conducting feasibility studies when required to support decision making.
* Attractive salary
* Diverse project portfolio
* Exciting role with exposure to high profile government organisations and stakeholders
* Opportunity to work for an organisation, contributing to the growth and development of the UAE
* Bachelors degree required or equivalent with majors in business management / finance / economics
* 2-3 years' experience in a similar role (i.e. economic assessment, financial analysis, equity research, performance management, business planning, asset valuations etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (financial modelling etc.)
* Business Analysts are expected to possess strong:
* Economics (micro and macro) fundamentals
* Analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
* Attention for accuracy, quality and detail (where needed)
* Ability to present findings with a structured hypothesis driven approach
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.