Job description / Role
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with standing still.
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The FC Business analyst supports, coordinates and facilitates implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities. Working closely with MENA FC teams and stakeholders from all departments at all levels of management within the network. The FC analyst will develop dashboards and metrics decks with tangible feedback and actions. You report directly to the Regional FC ACES Manager. You will take ownership of all process rate tracking, benchmarking analysis to Best At Amazon, gap analysis to OP budgets, initiative effectiveness, A3 updates and support weekly and monthly report writing, providing clarity during periods of ambiguity to enable data driven decision making, for the MENA region. The role will have scope to own FC ACES and ICQA analytics, leading the analyst team to best in class performance.
For this role you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard databases, which are low maintenance and provide insight in to areas of opportunity across the region.
- Support Fulfilment Centre improvement plan to focus on best customer experience at the lowest cost
- Take Ownership of all FC process tracking across the MENA region for FC and ICQA analytics.
- Support culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking, with data.
- Track effectiveness of Kaizen activities, maintaining and updating A3’s
- Support the Fulfilment Centre implementation Agenda
- Standardize processes to Amazon and ECCF benchmark standards
- Liaise between FC and MENA/ECCF to drive leverage of cross-FC process excellence
- Maintain strong relationships with MENA/ECCF Process Owners, FC Process Engineer and finance teams.
In addition to having shop-floor affinity and experience in Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics, you are an active networker with:
- Degree level or higher
- Project Portfolio Management experience
- A strong record of team leadership
- Very strong analytical capabilities
- The ability to translate operational issues into workable solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fluent English
- In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and its practical usage
- Wide knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Proven ability to develop and maintain large scale data bases and ability to evaluate the data sets
- BI sage and SQL experience would also be of benefit
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.