Job description / Role
This market leading retail holding group are looking for a Lead Business Analyst, responsible for enabling, guiding and defining processes in the Business Analysis domain, with special focus on Technology initiatives.
You will lead a team of internal and external Business Analysts and work collaboratively with Business Analysts, Developers, Consultants, IT Business Relationship Managers/IT Business Partners and the Business. You will also participate in software selections, vendor selections, initiate and drive POC’s and Business cases, and will be responsible for project assessments.
We need someone with proven experience delivering projects in the Finance area of a Retail operation.
What you’ll be doing:
Lead the Business Analysis team:
• Facilitate the institution of the team structure and roles, hiring and on-boarding Business Analysts and ensuring resource fit and talent allocation.
• Manage employee & team performance by defining objectives and performance KPIs and conducting performance reviews.
• Monitor demand and solution requests and project progress.
• Manage escalations related to Business Analysis.
• Institute standards for Business Analysis, embracing methodologies, KPIs, requirements and tools.
• Ensure Business Analysts are effectively certified and/or trained.
Provide Business Analysis functional expertise:
• Contribute in planning and maturing company-wide IT strategies.
• Engage with key Business and IT stakeholders to categorize changing business priorities and requirements and establish new processes and technology to boost the Business Analysis service contribution.
• Lead the promotion of cost & benefit analysis, feasibility studies, business case development and risk assessments for the Technology projects.
Business Analysis and System Design:
• Lead the functional stream – Finance.
• Define the sales and finance reconciliation process for all projects.
• Automate the sales and finance reconciliation process.
• Translate the business requirements into project specifications.
• Interact with business leads to gather requirements - collaborate with the technical. development team on solution design, test, re-work and signoff, and work with business leads to implement the solution developed.
• Show initiative and creativity in developing innovative solutions or processes to advise business users.
• Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed.
• Provide solution inputs, design & document the overall solution including Blueprint, Functional Designs, Process Workbooks and Configuration documents including any other project related deliverables as assigned by the PM. Ensure on-going maintenance of those documents throughout the project cycle.
• Review, analyze, and document existing systems and procedures.
• Plan, implement, test and troubleshoot enhancements of current solutions or new software systems in line with the industry best practices.
• Manage business user trainings and solution adoption.
• Manage post go live support for defined solutions and ensure smooth transition to the operations team for business as usual support.
• Identify opportunities for improvement via detailed analysis and understanding of overall business and systems structure, whilst maintaining the integrity of a single ‘Group’ solution.
• Assess new solutions, lead on solution assessment based on business needs
• Prepare the effort estimates for projects.
• Communicate effectively with peers, managers, internal customers, vendors, consultants, and the Business
AED 30,000 to 35,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Previous experience in IT Business Analysis or IT Business Consulting (minimum 10 years).
• Strong knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies and tools. Formal BA qualification (e.g. CBAP) is a plus.
• Familiarity with Business Process improvement.
• Strong skills on team leadership and team development.
• Strong skills in facilitation, negotiation and problem resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks/projects.
• Knowledge of current trends and innovations in the Technology world.
• Proven track record of project delivery, and number of projects delivered to the business.
• Business acumen with in-depth understanding of Retail business operation flows is a must. Experience in Fashion and Beauty industry is a plus.
• Oracle EBS Finance experience is a must.
• ERP end to end implementation experience is a must.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies is a plus.
• Experience in Project Management. Formal qualification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE 2) is a plus.
• Team player/collaborative, self-motivated and self-starter, resilient, assertive, flexible, energetic
• Drive to continuous personal improvement.
• Ability to motivate and inspire others within the team.
Ready to join this exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of this company's journey, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.
Senior Analyst - Customer Experience
Senior Web Business Analyst - Major Airline
Business Intelligence Analyst