Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
As a key member of the Supply Chain Analytics team, your primary role is to develop our capability to harness our big data and help improve our key decisions. You will develop systematic and robust technology-based solutions to routinely extract and process our big data. You will leverage this data to develop & present key insights that help our decision making and to also track the impact these decisions have on our revenue growth and our cost of doing business. You will work across organization boundaries to ensure we gather complete and clean data so that we develop reliable insights. This role will suit someone who is fast paced, takes a systematic approach to solving technical and non-technical problems, is intellectually curious, can get things done working cross functionally, can work with little direction, is able to handle large volumes of data by developing the right analytical capability, all whilst not being overwhelmed by scale and speed.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the development of metrics and dashboards to give us insights
- Analyze metrics and make improvement recommendations based on your insights
- Identify or participate in the identification of improvement opportunities; partner with other stakeholders across organization boundaries to create drive change improvements
- Carry out deep dive analysis for self or on behalf of other stakeholders
- Work closely with the different Supply Chain focus groups to make sure they have the right information which would help them make informed decisions in a timely manner;
- Assist the team in developing and implementing cost saving initiatives as well as tracking their progress;
- Be the bridge between technical and business teams
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Finance, or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- 3+ years of professional experience working with large data sets and writing complex SQL queries to pull data
- Proven experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with
- data visualization tools, e.g. Power BI
- Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- Advanced technical or business degree (MS, Masters in Information Science or MBA)
- Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations
- Previous work experience as a business analyst or business intelligence engineer
- Extensive knowledge of Power BI
- Experience working with data engineering teams
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as w ell as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts .
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.