Job description / Role
The Business Continuity Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the Bank's business continuity plans and data. The person will support all activities necessary to enable the Bank to respond to a business interruption.
• Update and revise all BCP/DR materials and documentation (e.g. Business Impact Analysis, plans, emergency response procedures, call lists, test results, etc.)
• Provide guidance and support to all business units, including Branches, for the development, maintenance and testing of unit continuity plans
• Manage the planning and co-ordination of all business continuity technical and user testing
• Liaise with the Bank's Business Continuity Coordinators to develop effective working relationships
• Conduct and manage the risk analysis process for functional areas to identify points of vulnerability, single points of failure, assist with the identification of risk avoidance and mitigation strategies
• Active management and participation in the event of a business interruption
• Develop status reports (e.g. report cards) on departmental continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary
• BC/DR Program Management: Manage the execution and direction of the program.
• Manage the scheduling budget, and scope of recovery programs.
• Assist with preparation and maintenance of the program status to CEO and Management Committee as well as Auditors.
• Manage and participate when required to determine risk, priorities and BCM investment strategies.
• Proactive identifications of key risks in the IT and business areas.
• Develop and manage the development of action plans and to mitigate or eliminate risk.
• Awareness and Training: Promote business continuity management through training and awareness.
• Develops service level risk management agreements with other businesses and vendors.
• BC/DR Plan Maintenance & Verification: Facilitates the maintenance and verification of the continuity plans
• Familiarity with the current regulatory environment on BCP for financial services companies (e.g. CBUAE regulations, Basel II, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree preferably in commercially oriented discipline or Higher Secondary education with recognized diploma in IT or 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of BCM.
• Thorough understanding of IT services, Business Continuity and program management disciplines are required.
• Experience supporting Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
• 5 to 7 years of relevant IT or BCP experience.
• 3 to 5 years of project/program management.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Relationship Manager, Institutional Banking (GRE's)
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|
Senior Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)