Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network of over 91,000 assurance professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide. We've delivered audit and assurance services in the region for over 40 years. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
- Leading the design, build and implementation methodologies, metrics, models, reporting dashboards for the analysis, measurement and ongoing monitoring of risk and appetite. Working with key stakeholders to develop data visualization reports and dashboards to provide information that facilitates decision making.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Internal Audit Risk and Regulation and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Designing automated tools, gathers, analyzes and interprets complex risk management information for ad hoc projects using local and System risk related data, formulates conclusions and makes recommendations. Possesses ability to handle complex and ambiguous issues. Discusses complex circumstances logically and clearly with senior staff or management. Makes independent judgments, often based on interpretation of System and/or local policy or knowledge of various risk disciplines (credit, market, operational, strategic and / or reputational).
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- As a Senior Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Mathematical Economics & Econometrics and Business Administration.
- Years of Experience: 10 years of relevant experience in Internal Audit, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.