Job description / Role
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all. Our Business Development function brings together business, sector and account knowledge along with EY competencies and solutions to meet unique client needs. The Business Development organization shapes and drives an integrated growth strategy across EY’s largest accounts, industry sectors, solutions and services, while demonstrating and achieving market leadership through a client centric culture.
This is a senior role to lead our UAE BD team and. A large focus of this role is client facing relationship development and B2B sales. You will be expected deliver exceptional client service by understanding our client’s issues and challenges, leveraging the firm’s capabilities to originate and drive new business opportunities to grow revenue, and deepen the customer relationship management. You’ll drive global account strategy, rigorous account planning and relationship development across the client(s) organization.
Your key responsibilities
• You will be responsible for delivering sales within your assigned accounts, market segment of service line challenged with achieving personal sales and pipeline targets.
• You’ll develop sales plans and act as a Strategic Advisor, Chief Revenue Officer and proxy to the Global Client Service Partner (GCSP), internally and externally, with the common objective of achieving an exceptional client service experience.
• As much as 80% of your time will be externally focused, actively engaging with your client(s).
• Additional time will be spent on strategy and management initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
• Thriving in a matrixed organization is essential, balancing the needs of the client against business initiatives and goals.
• Your ability to develop and build relationships is vital as you collaborate with colleagues across the firm to drive a coordinated market effort.
• Possessing natural coaching skills, you’ll inspire others with your actions in the market.
• You’ll be a trusted advisor to the GCSP and the account team, acting in a consultative manner.
• You’ll be the catalyst that pulls stakeholders together to drive strategic initiatives and enable revenue growth.
Demonstrating market leadership:
• Serving as a Business Development Associate Director on core account(s) and/or being responsible for a defined account portfolio as the client facing BD Executive
• Participating in key external events and meetings — client meetings, presentations and roundtable etc.
• Building and leveraging personal external networks and relationships
• Participating in and/or lead the core account(s) most strategic pursuits
Executing market strategy and objective:
• Working with the leadership team to develop a market execution plan
• Aligning Service Line and account-based initiatives with Market Segment Leaders (MSLs) and Global 360 (G360) Global Client Service Partners (GCSPs)
• Instill Exceptional Client Service (ECS) principles in Service Lines, Market Segments and accounts
• Own and initiate select key relationships in the market
• Overseeing deployment of thought leadership within core accounts and targets
• Monitoring market segment trends, industry issues, and competitive intelligence.
• Analyzing and reacting to business competition and developments to maintain agility and responsiveness to clients’ needs and requirements
Helping to build and develop a high impact BD organization:
• Ensuring business development objectives are met as part of a high impact business development team
• Ensuring the BD organization has subject matter specialists in Core sales methodologies and tools
• Conducting win/loss debriefs across the Region and Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ)/Expectations of Service Quality (ESQ) discussions
• Facilitating training and provide coaching to partners and senior managers on markets foundational learning programs and Market Enablement tools
• Educating and communicating cross Service Line opportunity triggers to internal stakeholders (e.g., Partners, Business Development Executives (BDEs) and Senior Managers
• Deploying and monitoring Sales Management processes, policies and procedures in order to ensure the consistency, efficiency and quality of internal and external customer expectations
• Ensuring continuous improvement in customer experiences through development and deployment of best practice processes
• Driving operational excellence in the following areas:
Lead generation – uncovering clients’ requirements and hence EY opportunities
• Pipeline — discipline and reporting
• Financial — negotiation, pricing, margin
• Sales and revenue forecasting
• Account planning reviews with G360 and Core accounts
• Win/Loss debrief reporting and recommendation
• ASQ / ESQ reporting and recommendations
To qualify you must have
• An advanced degree or MBA
• At least 10 years of relevant working experience in Business Development or Solution Sales in one or more of the following sectors: Real Estate, Consumer, Transportation, Industrial, Telecommunication, Media & Technology, Government and Public sector and Resources
• An established professional network within the UAE business community
Strong executive presence and the ability to influence
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills
Ideally, you will also have
• Expert ability to team with and influence partners and senior leaders to formulate the best strategy to serve the client
• In-depth understanding of EY's service offerings, sales/pursuit methodologies, tools and enablers
• Deep knowledge of ongoing market trends, issues and competitive intelligence that create opportunities for Business development
• Strong external market presence underpinned by social media activity, external event speaking etc.
What we look for
Our successful Client Executives deliver exceptional client service by proactively originating new business, sharing ideas and bringing innovation to your clients. Additionally, you’ll be digitally connected across your clients’ full ecosystem while collaborating to find or build the right solution tailored to the business needs while challenging their thinking with distinct points of view.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region