Job description / Role
A truly exciting senior opportunity, reporting into the Global VP and responsible for the growth and development of this Global luxury retail Business' regional expansion
Global luxury retail business owned by a world renowned group with multinational coverage and an unrivalled reputation
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Ensure competitive and market intelligence to identify development opportunities in the region.
* Source the best placed local partners and build new partnerships for the development of the business
* Create professional relationships with all stakeholders, with priority given to the Middle East.
* Set up market analyses of prospecting areas to define new projects
* Define a growth plan by proposing incremental development opportunities and feasibility strategies.
* Coordinate the approval at the level of the top management allowing the deployment of project for destinations of interest and trigger the operations of responses of tenders.
* Define and then implement the appropriate organizational structure according to local issues: joint venture, dedicated entity (business unit or subsidiary).
* Organize negotiations with potential partners and/or landlords or Operators.
* Coordinate and ensure the proper conduct of the audit (due diligence) and compliance with all regulatory and legal criteria.
* Establish business plans, financial analysis and RECs (capital expenditure request)
* Ensure close relationship and coordination with Global stakeholders while leading activities in the market
* Establish and maintain relations with local authorities (government, municipalities, administrations, etc…)
* Develop structured and qualitative support for convincing presentations related to potential projects with relevant stakeholders.
There is a competitive package of up to 80,000 AED per month + Benefits and the unrivalled opportunity to join a highly dynamic, global business
Perquisites of the successful candidate include:
* Master level - MBA / Commerce Experience
* Between 15 and 20 years of experience in a similar role in international environment / business investments / development
* Experience in business development and retail environments and management of complex commercial investment projects.
* Strong commercial interpersonal skills and development of professional networks
* Naturally interested in new markets
* Entrepreneurial, with the ability to approach new original projects creatively
* Oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
* Able to adapt to changing priorities and work on multiple projects
* Precision and attention to detail inherent in the luxury industry
* Field and action-oriented approach
* Highly organized, with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Great attraction to frequent business trips
* Contract negotiation skills
* Good analytical skills, financial modelling, overall understanding of financial statements
* Strong understanding of the relative value of different types of information to provide reliable recommendations
* Knowledge of the Middle East market
* Knowledge of players in the international real estate and commercial land sector and can navigate the complex Middle East environment.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Quest Search & Selection
General Manager - Gulf
Prime Co. Middle East
GM / Business Development Director - Company Formation
Chief Executive Officer
Ignite Search & Selection