Job description / Role
Welcome Startup Leaders!
Do you want to help disrupt a worldwide industry as part of a new digital startup? Do you have the knowhow, drive and entrepreneurial spirit to help build a new web-only business for one of the world’s largest logistics companies? Shipa is Agility's new digital platform for small-to-medium businesses that will harness the power of Agility’s global delivery network - whether port to port, or door to door. Take the chance to be a key player in a corporate startup with a fast-paced and dynamic culture. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader who loves the “rush” of a startup, but thinks big for the future. You’ll spearhead an important product, and build the pillars of a business within a business. You see potential, and can make it happen.
The role in brief
The Executive for Shipa Ecommerce’s Business Development team will play vital role influencing online merchant experience as well as end-consumer experience. This role will be the face of Shipa Ecommerce to online merchants, and will hold the responsibility of growing demand in a sustainable way.
• Achieve monthly sales targets through a mix of new online merchant signups and increasing share of business with existing accounts
• Manage and update potential online merchant engagement via Sales Force CRM system
• Maintain complete knowledge of all operational and commercial aspects (line haul, customs, last mile, 3PL, fulfillment, technical integration, new lanes, and import/export)
• Pricing understanding and negotiating best prices with online merchants
• Be responsible for key accounts and large regional accounts
• Work closely with operations / tech team internally, and make sure client requirements are met
• Manage day-to-day business and operational relationships with online merchants
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field
• Minimum 5 years of sales & account management experience (preferably from an eCommerce, efulfillment, express, courier, retail, or tech background)
• Knowledge and experience in CRM systems is a must
• Proven ability in establishing client connections
• Business development mindset coupled with operational and tech savvy orientation
• High performer with a track record of generating revenue for businesses
• Energetic and excited about joining a startup environment, multi-tasking mindset
• Intermediate to advance level of using MS Office Excel, Power Point, and Word
About the Company
Agility is a global provider of integrated supply chain solutions with more than 20,000 employees, 450 offices in 100 countries around the world and over $4.5 billion in annual revenue. A publicly traded company, we offer our customers truly personalized service and flexible solutions tailored to meet their individual business needs, supported by a comprehensive network of warehousing facilities, transportation and freight management services.
Our customers span a range of industries from technology and retail to consumer products and oil and gas. In addition, Agility has three specialized business units: Defense & Government Services, Project Logistics, and Fairs & Events Logistics, each with dedicated teams to meet the complex customer requirements in these markets.
Business Development Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
The Kanoo Group
Manno Trading DMCC
Sales and Business Development Representative
Gold Standard DMCC