Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for successful delivery of IBM's largest and most complex client commitments.
- Individuals within this role and skill set manage client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements.
- Employees in this specialty have the experience and knowledge to support both the sales of new business opportunities and the delivery of services to clients.
- They must understand large and complex services engagements in their area of expertise, including the appropriate methods and skills needed to solve business problems in the client's industry.
- They establish strong, trusted relationships with clients through their ability to articulate solutions, and other areas of IBM used in the delivery of complex services.
- They identify new business opportunities, creatively participate in the development and sales of solutions, and assist IBM in winning the business.
- When not participating in delivery or sales activities such as new business development or bid and proposal activity, they support and lead billable client activities within their area of practice and participate in related Sector, Solution, or Community activities.
- They are accountable for the financial and delivery success of engagements directly managed, as well as the generation of services revenue with the sales of new business.
- Responsible for complex delivery, required skills include: analyzing Business and IT Challenges; applying Strategic Innovative Thinking for Insights; applying Strategic Risk Taking; managing Complex Business Outsourcing Contracts; advising on Large or Complex Engagements; applying Deal Making Techniques to Complex Opportunities; leading Development of Large/Complex Deals/Bids; and applying Risk Management Skills.
- Engagements may be characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resources issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of the program and / or clients. Programs are normally large and complex situations that are often global in scope and negotiations are conducted at the highest levels.
- This role requires an extraordinary team leader, an astute business person, exhibit exceptional business insight, with executive/boardroom presence and outstanding judgment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Recognised professional qualification with extensive experience delivering Supply chain application sales plays, solutioning and Delivery preferably with in the Oracle ecosphere and if possible, with Oracle SaaS implementation experience inclusive of OTM or WMS.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Oracle presales, sales and or implementation certifications in the Supply chain pillar.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.