Job description / Role
Client is a well-established Independent Law Firm, is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to be based in their Abu Dhabi office. This role will also involve regular travel to the Dubai office to ensure a consistent firm wide approach to marketing and business development across the firm.
- Preparation and submission of proposal documents and client specific capability statements. Monitoring of win/lose results, client feedback (where possible) and process improvement, including a formal go/no go process
- Maintain and improve the proposal infrastructure of case studies, lawyer profiles, credentials etc to facilitate the speedy production of first draft documents for lawyer review
- Preparing and delivering coaching for partners and lawyers to improve their business development skills and market evolution
- Working with partners to help them generate more leads and win more work, both in the theory and in practice in relation to specific client opportunities
- Develop and implement a consistent approach to client care and institutionalise across the office and wider firm
- Regular client interaction to understand what clients and targets want from their law firms and how we can ensure we deliver against those demands
- Monitor the evolving market for legal and professional services in general to ensure that the firm is fit for purpose as a 21st century law firm
- Event management for the office and attendance at appropriate networking events to promote the firm and its services
- Proactively suggest initiatives that will improve revenue generation and profitability and drive implementation
The role would suit a resilient self-starter with a broad interest in the way Law firms are organised and managed, who is looking for the opportunity to work closely with senior management to drive the firms success. Alongside the strategic side of the role there is a strong need to get involved in the day-to-day nuts and bolts, so if proposal writing is beneath you then this is not the role for you.
You will operate as a peer to the partner group and be a positive representative of the firm in the Abu Dhabi market. You are expected to encourage the partners outside of their comfort zone and to manage the push back that often accompanies doing that. One of the primary challenges you will face is getting to understand the culture of the firm and, if you are new to the region, the market.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification in marketing, business studies/economics, law or social sciences
- Minimum eight years broad marketing or business development experience in a professional services environment, preferably in a law firm. The candidate should have tactical and strategic experience
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking ability
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills
- Financial acumen
- Understanding of competitive market intelligence gathering, analysis and use
Profile and attributes
- Considerable “hands on” experience gained in a medium to senior business development or marketing role in a professional services organisation
- Commercially savvy with a flexible and collaborative operating style
- High degree of proactivity and practical problem solving
- Strong team player with excellent influencing skills
- Perceptive and tactful individual
- Highly effective communication, presentation and coaching skills
- Ability to manage and negotiate competing priorities
- Exceptional resiliency needed to effectively operate in a partnership environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a new environment
- Must be able to liaise effectively with a diverse mix of nationalities and cultures
- Confident and outgoing personality
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.