Job description / Role
- To generate income from multiple revenue streams across the Novo Cinemas network across all territories.
- Events and venue hire of NOVO Cinema’s locations play a crucial role in achieving quarterly sales targets.
- The ideal candidate will display a passion for the events industry and have a strong track record in sales with a solid background in venue selling and event delivery.
- Proven track records on generating revenue streams through sponsorships, partnerships, events and then the backbone of corporate events.
- The candidate will be proactive, hardworking and able to work under own initiatives. With a solid network of business contacts and a strong commercial mind, the candidate must be able to identify opportunities for revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on these opportunities.
- In this multifaceted role (involving sales strategy, financial planning and forecasting, marketing and communications) the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent sales, communication and customer service skills and display a high level of organizational and project management ability.
- Director Of Sales & Marketing
- Develop and execute a sales plan with short, medium and long term milestones for both the partner and direct business against which success will be measured.
- Identify new strategies and opportunities to expand the business footprint across revenue generating opportunities, this may include, but not be limited to:
- Schools and universities
- Corporate entities
- Alternative content ideas
- Distribution channels
- Branding opportunities
- Team building events
- Social events
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Generate new business opportunities and revenue generating channels.
- Plan and prepare regular presentations indicating KPIs in a clear and easy format.
- Communicate new product developments to prospective and existing clients.
- Nurture and develop key customer accounts, such as Mashreq, Etisalat and others. Including regular feedback on fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Seek opportunities to extend reach with existing partners owned channels.
- Providing regular feedback on the status of prospective clients and new clients, solely responsible for achieving customer sales and profitability.
- Provide a detailed understanding of the business landscape including macro and micro economic factors, competition, customers, suppliers and technology.
- Ensuring sales marketing material is updated and relevant to the industry.
- Research and analyse industry reports and trends that may impact business.
- Develop and assess business opportunities within the current framework and source new and interesting opportunities for generating revenue.
- Develop business cases with strategic rationale supporting sales strategy and execute efficiently.
- Project leadership and oversight on all revenue generating contracted initiatives. Including monthly updates on progress.
- Develop revenue forecasts and strategies to achieve the desired results. Change tactics if current plans are not delivering results.
- Providing specialist advice on products and services Novo Cinemas offer.
- Supports marketing strategy initiatives in line with the opportunities identified, in line with business development strategy defined and developed for the various segments and applications.
- Educate customer base on new products and opportunities through regular communication.
- Diversification and business development: conduct feasibility studies to introduce new product lines which can generate revenues.
Accountability And Performance Measures:
- Meet and exceed quarterly revenue and profit quotas from various sales strategies.
- Ownership of contracts and regular updates on deliverables per contract reported.
- Accurate forecast and pipeline management of the partner and direct sales lines of business partnership engagement.
- Generate a detailed report each month of revenue generated and market insights.
- Writing reports on current market environment with insights and solutions.
- Assess potential market size, needs, existing and potential competitive situations, technical feasibility and other critical success factors.
- Ability to review and edit contracts and prepare them with minimal oversight. Legal team to receive final and approved contracts at all times for review.
- Ensure that both the quantity and quality of sales activity is at the levels agreed with management and leads by example in the area
- Host quarterly industry events to showcase cinema experiences to target audiences with the objective of generating leads.
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Engages marketing team to prepare branded material as per the agreed contract.
- Ensures operational teams are briefed through approved process.
- Obtains final approval from legal team once contract has been developed and agreed with direct report and CEO.
- Controls and manages all deliverables against contracts and ensures contracts are being fulfilled as required.
- 7-10 Sales with at least 2 years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated high level skills in leadership and management.
- Bilingual (English/Arabic) language ability required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven track records on generating revenue streams through sponsorship's, partnerships, events and then the backbone of corporate events.
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sales Manager - Leisure