Job description / Role
The Modern East is a project under the umbrella of Modern Media Factory - a new media and content model by Chalhoub Group.
The Modern East is the definitive voice in local millennial culture. Combining Arabic-first, millennial-first social content and a website that serves as a unique experiential content hub, The Modern East is a daily source of beauty, fashion, food, travel and life content. We are changing the way content and storytelling speaks to and represents our young audience, always sparking the conversations that matter the most.
This is a highly visible role within the company where you'll be in complete ownership of strategy building and meeting revenue targets. You will work with client stakeholders and cross functional teams to propose the best solutions for clients to ensure continued customer growth and acquisition.
What you'll be doing:
- You will design, execute and ensure the success of scalable partnerships that are aligned with the Modern East brand and mission.
- Believe in and passionately demonstrate overall benefits and competitive advantages of TME's value proposition, audience, products, and brand attributes to the marketplace.
- Determine how to create the greatest value for both a brand partner and TME through an optimal Content and Advertising mix.
- Build and cultivate strong commercial relationships through a consultative process involving on-site meetings and presentations to decision makers at all levels.
- Build and implement tailored sales strategies that demonstrate thorough knowledge of the market, categories, different client industries, advertising and content businesses and trends.
- Manage client relationships, expectations and delivery of ROI, in partnership with execution leads.
- Lead category and competitive analysis and tailor commercial tactics accordingly.
- Developing customized, solutions-oriented commercial packages that represent the TME brand while delivering on client business objectives and quarterly revenue targets.
- Build integrated packages and opportunities and ensuring the wider Modern Media Factory business portfolio opportunities are being leveraged in all outgoing proposals
- Represent Modern Media Factory within the client and advertising/media community in a positive, substantive and enthusiastic manner
- Create case studies and key takeaways from campaign performances and commercial partnerships
- Develop metrics for program success involving the true impact of social amplification and ROI measurement internally and for clients
- Continuously update the Media Kit with new research story lines and case studies from successful campaigns.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- At least 6 years of sales or business development in a digital business with experience managing publishing and technology platforms.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with digital media technologies and experience with ROI metrics and publisher data platforms and monetization tactics.
- Demonstrable strength in building lasting commercial relationships and delivering financial results
- Highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for thinking outside the box; ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals
- Persuasive communication skills and consultative selling strength, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing
- Existing relationships in key markets and deep knowledge of competitive and client set is a massive plus
- Interest in emerging media platforms and technologies and knowledge of leading figures and organizations in each category
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.