Job description / Role
Growth of Edgen Murray’s position in the designated market segment and other emerging segments primarily by developing new customers, products and services, with the key objective of increasing sales revenue and maximising profitability through extensive networking activities. Achievement of sales target and margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Using lead generation and leverage of existing customers to develop EM’s capabilities and position in new geographical regions, with a focus on the designated market segment, to facilitate expansion based on customer needs.
• Identify new and profitable niche business opportunities and drive forward the development of such opportunities whether they be product or service related across new and existing customer accounts, and communicate these to the commercial team.
• Identify and develop a strategy to secure profitable business.
• Collaborate with EH counterparts to develop products and solutions that are responsive to customer needs
• Identify initiatives to increase business opportunities and improve relationships within existing markets and accounts.
• Monitor success of existing long and short term sales strategies, and provide recommendations on how we should refocus company resources to improve our performance and increase our profitability.
• Participate in a high level of client and supply chain interaction across the region to support the building and maintaining of commercial relationships to support objectives for development and growth, and to ensure a good understanding of demands, expectations, and anticipated market changes as early as possible.
• Track relevant projects and take appropriate actions to win business on a global basis.
• Assist Commercial Manager by providing well qualified prospects.
• Participate in Pre Bid reviews on IPM opportunities.
• Work with the Commercial Team and EH staff to develop bids with product, pricing and delivery strategies
• Participate in Bid reviews prior to submission to ensure that customer needs are met and risks clarified
• Follow up all project proposals and lead strategies to win orders for quoted business.
• Prepare sales reports and provide financial forecasts for new or developing business opportunities.
• Responsible for managing, supporting, and servicing the needs of an assigned set of Key customers
• Negotiate Orders including credit and commercial terms and conditions.
• Act as a liaison to the customer during any activities related to orders including any claims
• Preparation of annual sales budgets for designated customers, market and geography.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout the assigned territories, or elsewhere as necessary.
• Other ad hoc duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A) or similar experience level
• Relevant work experience
• An in-depth knowledge of Edgen Murray products
• Previous proven sales and customer service experience within the specified market and industry.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office
• Experience of management information and commercial systems
• Must complete and pass all required pre-employment screenings.
About the Company
Edgen Murray is a leading global supplier of specialized products for worldwide energy and infrastructure markets.
We deliver high performance pipe, plate, valves and related components to upstream, midstream, downstream, power, civil construction and mining customers from more than 35 global locations.
Edgen Murray supports every step of a projects lifecycle. We ensure all commercial needs, technical requirements and project schedules are met with precision, anywhere in the world. We achieve this through global scale, long-standing mill & manufacturing relationships, a focus on quality, extensive, strategically located inventory and experienced staff.