Job description / Role
The Business Development Manager (BDM) in JF Hillebrand shall work to boost the Middle East market position in segments covering Beer, Wine & Spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and other commodities requiring special care. In this position, the BDM shall, together with the Regional Manager of JF Hillebrand (RM), define a long-term strategic plan & goals for Middle East, identify new business opportunities for existing and future customers (prospect), negotiate and close business deals locally and proactively assist the network to achieve businesses not controlled locally, maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and increase sales opportunities, maximizing organization revenues. The role would necessarily involve regular travel within the Middle East.
Responsibilities of the role:
New Business Development
• Research, and build relationships with new clients (Exporters and Importers of Wine, Beer and Spirits, non-alcoholic beverages, other commodities requiring special care - Kegspediter – Integrated Logistics Solutions)
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging our network
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s main stakeholders
• Plan & develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives, to be shared & approved by the JFH appropriate stakeholders.
• Participate, when relevant, in pricing the solution/service headed by RM
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences
• Present new products and services to enhance existing customers’ volumes.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Business Development Planning
• Consult & present to RM business trends, proposing the development of new services
• Identify opportunities for campaigns and services that will lead to an increase in sales
• Using knowledge of the market and competition, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
• Proactively participate to projects headed by RM being related to business development in Middle East
Management and Research
• Submit periodical reports on activities in progress to RM
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and consistently managed in SFDC
• Forecast SAT and ensure that is met consistently
• Track and record activity on accounts and assist RM to close deals to meet targets
• Work with Sales Support to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled in a timely manner
• BSc/BA in Sales or equivalent
• 5 to 10 years of experience in freight forwarding environment
• Motivation for Sales & professional growth
• Sales planning, Selling to Customer Needs
• Territory management & deep market knowledge
• Exceptional presentation & communication Skills in English and ideally Arabic, high energy Level & Professionalism
• Results oriented and eager to meeting Sales goals
• Expert in Sales and Supply Chain
About the Company
The JF Hillebrand Group operates a number of highly specialised logistics companies. Regarded as leaders in their respective industries, they are at the forefront in the development of products, services and IT tools.
Working within a global logistics environment, we remain agile and adaptive to the evolving needs of the markets in which we operate to offer cost-effective and efficient solutions
We will continue to grow, through the support of our passionate, knowledgeable and experienced workforce.