Job description / Role
A leading international insurance broker is currently looking for a Business development manager to join their teams in Dubai or Abu Dhabi office. The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for developing new accounts in UAE.
Key Responsibilities / Accountability :
• Develops and administers marketing plans, sales strategies, and special sales projects consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the business.
• Manages new business from quotation through placement and cross selling of insurance products.
• Identify & create new sales opportunities and develops client portfolio by networking to find new clients.
• Support the departmental Key Performance Indicators and prospect lead targets as directed by your Manager.
• Collect the relevant renewal information from the potential client and record appropriately.
• Effectively coordinate with colleagues and manages activities to meet department goal(s) in accordance with established business plans and budgets to ensure delivery of timely, high quality customer service.
• Provides customer-related claims, customer queries, as well as billing and collection assistance.
• Comply with all Company systems and procedures.
• Maintain professional competence, undertaking training as identified in your performance review and the training and competence requirements of the Company.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of new and existing products by liaising with colleagues; and ensures credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external contacts to ensure service delivery best meets expectations and is compliant.
• Develops and maintain awareness and understanding of market dynamics and related cycles, to ensure work activities are undertaken effectively.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role :
• Ability to analyse new business opportunities, research and detect problems.
• Good communication skills (English) in verbal, written, telephone, e-mail and presentations.
• Excellent organisational and time management skill.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Management and leadership skills
• Self/Staff development.
• Confident negotiator and able to close the deal independently.
• Judgement and decision-making.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work under pressure.
Knowledge and Experience :
• Minimum 10-year experience in insurance industry in the front-end sales and/or business development.
• Across the class experience.
Professional Qualifications :
• Degree or with professional qualification is preferred.
About the Company
A leading insurance broker in the Middle East.
Assistant Sales Manager
Business Development Manager / Account Manager
Business Development - Partnership Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
New Business Development Manager
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)