Job description / Role
* Define and execute the business development strategy for the Middle East (ME). The strategy will include a corridor engagement plan for all key markets and distribution channels.
* Interface with key influencers within the SCB network, local Relationship Managers ("RMs) and external introducers for:
* Education - training on the Jersey proposition and driving referral activity.
* Prospect Management - handle all referrals from clients who are interested in offshore banking.
* Pre-approval of prospects - ensure prospects being referred meet PIC Jersey criteria.
* Feedback on prospects/applications - ensure that all business is accurately tracked and monitored. Feedback to be given to referrer on all applications.
* Involved in arrangement of client/local network events.
* Collateral co-ordination in markets covered.
* Arrange client/local network meetings along with Regional Market Manager where necessary
* (i.e. when RMM/Senior SCBJ personnel are in country).
* Carry out prospecting activity through all available channels; i.e. Face to face meetings, group presentations, telephone, marketing communications, third party introducers.
* Meet AUM (asset and liability) acquisition targets for the region.
* Meet the NTB client accounts target annually - all accounts to be qualified.
* Conversion rate of 1 NTB client for every 3 prospect meetings held.
* Reduction in time taken to get an account opened.
* Reduction in account application rejection rates.
* Reduction in time taken for NTB clients to begin funding their new account.
* Reduction in time taken for NTB clients to make their first investment (within 3 months of account being funded). This will be done by ensuring each new client is made aware of services offered by SCBJ.
* Introduce two/three referral agents each year (mortgage brokers/real estate agents/lawyers/accountants/relocation agents etc.).
* Develop new markets in Middle East for growth.
* Proven track record of sales activity.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Positive customer service mentality.
* Planning and organizational skills
* Relationship building skills
* Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills.
* Ability to deal with people at all levels.
* Sound knowledge of banking products and services and banking procedures.
* Team player who shows initiative and assertiveness.
* Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade and improve personal knowledge and skill to meet the
* job requirement.
* Highest level of integrity and professionalism.
People and Talent
* Develop a network of introducers and build a business.
* Have a close working relationship with the Team and departments outside the team both locally and internationally.
* Help to develop the acquisition team as a whole by sharing best practice.
* Ensure the right type of client is recruited into the bank.
* Ensure that all account opening procedures are followed to ensure that we meet our regulatory requirements.
* Ensure that all documents/corroborations that are required are provided in a timely manner for new account and mortgage requirements.
* Looking for candidate with relevant experience
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager (European 3PL)
Middle East Executive
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior Sales Executive
Key Account Client Relationship / Communication Manager
Key Account Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services