Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Business development manager to join our teams in Dubai or Abu Dhabi office. The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for developing new accounts in in UAE.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Develops and administers marketing plans, sales strategies, and special sales projects consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the business.
• Manages new business from quotation through placement and cross selling of insurance products.
• Identify & create new sales opportunities and develops client portfolio by networking to find new clients.
• Support the departmental Key Performance Indicators and prospect lead targets as directed by your Manager.
• Collect the relevant renewal information from the potential client and record appropriately.
• Effectively coordinate with colleagues and manages activities to meet department goal(s) in accordance with established business plans and budgets to ensure delivery of timely, high quality customer service.
• Provides customer-related claims, customer queries, as well as billing and collection assistance.
• Comply with all Company systems and procedures.
• Maintain professional competence, undertaking training as identified in your performance review and the training and competence requirements of the Company.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of new and existing products by liaising with colleagues; and ensures credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external contacts to ensure service delivery best meets expectations and is compliant.
• Develops and maintain awareness and understanding of market dynamics and related cycles, to ensure work activities are undertaken effectively.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role:
• Ability to analyze new business opportunities, research and detect problems.
• Good communication skills (English) in verbal, written, telephone, e-mail and presentations.
• Excellent organizational and time management skill.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Management and leadership skills
• Self/Staff development.
• Confident negotiator and able to close the deal independently.
• Judgment and decision-making.
About the Company
Howden, the retail broking arm of Hyperion Insurance Group, provides a range of specialist insurance solutions to clients around the world. Howden has offices in Europe, Asia, Iberoamerica, the Middle East and Africa. It has the greatest reach with its own offices of any independent broker and a total reach to over 90 territories with its partner network Howden One.
Since 2017, Howden Turkey, the Middle East & Africa region(TMEA) has acquired a majority stake in broker ACP in Turkey, completed the majority acquisition of New Generation Insurance Services Company in Oman, and Howden UAE celebrated its ten-year anniversary in Dubai. With Howden One and the establishment of Howden Puri in Tanzania, the region now covers 17 countries and is one of the fastest growing in the group.