Job description / Role
In a business where are our people are our products and assets inspiring excellence in how we engage with our clients is something that we are passionate about. As Market Segment Account Centric Business Development Manager, you will be focusing on multiple Core accounts within a Market Segment, drive global accounts strategy, rigorous account planning and relationship development across the client(s) organization.
As part of the primary account team, reporting to the regions Business Development Leader and with close connection to some of EY’s senior leaders (Global Client Service Partners – also called the GCPS), your time will be focused on Go to Market activities to enable achievement of objective around account satisfaction, sales/pipeline and margin.
Your key responsibilities
• Drives revenue, sales and relationships on multiple Core account
• Being connected to your client’s business agenda and leveraging the global EY network to connect our clients to the right people
• Being insightful through proactively sharing relevant metrics, trends and strategies to address and reach client needs
• Advising the GCSP on account planning, strategy and managing key sales opportunities
• Facilitate client sessions - for example client facilitated sessions, Alliance introductions and exploration workshops etc.
• Helping to develop broad and deep client relationships
• Serving as a strategic advisory to the GCSP on the cross selling of our services, execution of the sales pipeline, reviewing deals, pricing and negotiations
• Engaging with the account teams in the field to support on their most important pursuits
• Leverage and drive strategic pursuits tools, which include EY sales tools, processes and methodologies
•I nstill strategic commercial/pricing methodology to optimize account margin and participate in deal review process as required
Skills and attributes for success
• Must be able to work within a matrixed organization-balancing the needs of the client against firm initiatives and goals
• Networking with and assessing the needs of C-suite buyer/influencers and building rapport to ensure that EY are the provider of choice
• Being responsive and accountable for entire accounts’ activity from improving relations, starting new connections enhancing EY’s top of mind within our Core accounts and any other required activates.
• Strong ability to focus on commercial outcomes that align with the interests of our clients
• Passionate about collaboration, teaming and sharing best practice.
To qualify you must have
• 7+ years of experience in new business penetration and existing account management
• Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
• Experience in delivering business development support in complex multi-country environments
• Worked with formal tendering processes and procedure and been part of pulling together exceptional standards of proposals
• Exposure to senior leaders, both internal and external, displaying examples of needs assessment and a focus on mutually beneficial solutions
• Exposure to and an understanding of working with people of many cultures and diversity
• Experience working in the Entertainment, Media or Consumer products industry.
Ideally, you will also have
• A business/commercial degree or post graduate.
• Experience in budgeting and account forecasting.
• People management and development experience.
• Great knowledge of market activities.
• Good business related experience background.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
• Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
• Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
• Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
• A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.