Job description / Role
We are seeking Indian nationals who have operated at a senior project delivery level on major projects with main contractors in the UAE.
To manage the company’s drive to establish a foothold in the transportation and infrastructure sectors (aviation, metro/rail stations, highways), bid for projects and programmes across infrastructure and other sectors, strengthen the building/real estate segment, and share the responsibility to lead the operations of existing and new Mace projects.
This will include developing innovative marketing concepts and strategies that reflect the company’s aspiration in the infrastructure sector and major projects/programmes and build on our global capability.
This position would be based in either Gurgaon or Mumbai and will require travelling across the country.
Mace India is to become a business characterised by professional property and infrastructure expertise, sound commercial knowledge and a commitment to service excellence.
Business Development/Operations Director
Your responsibilities will include:
• Driving and leading new business through effective strategies, enhancing operations and developing new business.
• Improving existing lines of business and coming up with new business strategies/technical ideas.
• Directing the implementation of the new lines of business and integrating them to boost existing business.
• Providing market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, create new business deals and generate innovative business development ideas.
• Guiding the Mace internal marketing and business development activities such as preparation, review, submission of proposals, attend bid meetings and clarifications, develop marketing material in conjunction with corporate teams.
• Managing stakeholders during the initial stages of a new assignment by translating client expectations and Mace contractual commitments to clear results.
• Maintaining the relationship with prospective clients and associates directly and through business events to generate leads.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum of 20 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Significant project management, construction or project development experience in an international company or progressive domestic company.
• In-depth understanding of market dynamics, regulatory impacts and competition.
• Good client relationship management and team management skills.
• Ability to demonstrate connections with infrastructure sector clients i.e. airports, railways, metro, smart cities and clients developing major projects or programmes.
• Ability to manage existing building projects teams and clients.
• Result oriented, strong communication skills, established industry network and contacts within Indian business houses, project developers, financial institutions and public sector institutions.
• Ability to develop, nurture and grow a team of committed individuals who collaborate effortlessly and simultaneously progress an entrepreneurial spirit.
• A degree qualification in engineering or construction management.
• With professional memberships.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.