Job description / Role
· Support Digital and TV business teams in tracking and analysing key performance metrics such as (ie. subscribers, users, viewers), content (ie. Genre, program) and technology usage (ie. apps, VOD, web, social media),
· Provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption
· Educate and train business users to use the data and analytical tool to display the information in new forms for the purpose of analysis
· Work on large raw databases and aggregated individual level audience/subscriber’s datasets from Linear TV, digital, VOD, SVOD and App platforms.
· Work with business stakeholder to define and document key performance indicators
· Develop regular business reports and dashboard as per business requirements in addition to ensuring all tracked KPIs are aligned to business definitions
· Work closely with data engineers to define data modelling requirements
· Participate in cross-functional projects to ensure data collection requirements are met
· Assist in data re-structuring/normalization/merging/processing in both Fast Transaction MBC Group data assets or external primary research data such as: Brand Imagery trackers, Segmentation, U&A etc
· Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Actuarial Sciences, Computer Science, Information technology or related discipline from a reputable University
· Minimum 2 years experience in similar role
· Solid experience with digital data universe (ie. Web, Google, adobe)
· At least 2 years hands-on experience in any visualization tools such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI, SSRS or Data Studio.
· Minimum 2 years experience using SQL
· Strong knowledge and experience in data modelling and Datawarehouse
· Understanding of google analytics
· Fluency English is a must
· Basic or Advanced skills in R, Python, SPARK
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Digital Business Analyst
Power BI Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst - 12 Month Contract
Manpower Middle East
Experts Vision Consulting (EVC)
One Thousand Walls