Job description / Role
At Amazon, we are committed to being the most customer-centric company on earth. The MENA Supply Chain organization is comprised of high-powered, dynamic teams shaping network execution through the development and application of innovative supply chain design and management concepts. Our goal is to improve and enhance the Amazon fulfillment network to drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner.
Within MENA, Amazon’s Business I team is looking for a creative, organized, experienced, and highly curious individual with strong analytical skills and finance knowledge to join our inbound supply chain team as a business intelligence engineer. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leveraging advanced analytics to extract meaning and insights from large volumes of data. These insights will serve as critical inputs to strategic business decisions and programs. While the candidate will also have demonstrated experience delivering results using a variety of business intelligence tools and software, the ideal individual will also have the propensity and desire to seek out and learn new tools, systems, and software as necessary. The candidate must be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment, coupled with a strong technical skill set, taking a data-driven approach to solve complex problems across our inbound supply chain. This individual is a great communicator – both written and verbal – with demonstrated experience working cross-functionally across many stakeholder teams which may have competing priorities. The position provides opportunities to influence one of the most visible and high impact areas in MENA.
· Retrieve and synthesize data from multiple sources, and present critical insights in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving performance.
· Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
· Apply econometric or statistical knowledge to inform business decisions and direction of strategic programs.
· Given anomalies, whether anecdotal or identified automatically, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
· Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
· Develop requirements and formulate business metrics for reporting.
· Identify root cause(s) for daily/weekly/monthly deviations in key metrics and propose resolving actions as appropriate to improve key metrics of success
· Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Finance, Applied Math, or related discipline.
· 5+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated results in a statistical analyst, business intelligence, or data analyst role.
· Strong fluency with data querying languages (e.g., SQL), scripting languages (e.g., Python) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g., R, Stata, MatLab), and Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel).
· Experience articulating business questions into analytical questions, and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available data.
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (millions to billions of rows) of data.
· Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics.
· Detail-oriented and an aptitude to solve unstructured problems.
· Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing.
· Master's degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Finance, Applied Math, or related discipline.
· 2+ years of supply chain design and operations experience.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.