Job description / Role
At Amazon, we are committed to being the most customer-centric company on earth. The MENA Supply Chain organization is comprised of high-powered, dynamic teams shaping network execution through the development and application of innovative supply chain design and management concepts. Our goal is to improve and enhance the Amazon fulfillment network to drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner.
Within MENA, Amazon’s Business Intelligence Engineering team is looking for a creative, organized, experienced, and highly curious individual with strong technical skills and analytical knowledge to join our inbound supply chain team as a business intelligence engineer. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leveraging advanced analytics to extract meaning and insights from large volumes of data. These insights will serve as critical inputs to strategic business decisions and programs. While the candidate will also have demonstrated experience delivering results using a variety of business intelligence tools and software, the ideal individual will also have the propensity and desire to seek out and learn new tools, systems, and software as necessary. The candidate must be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment, coupled with a strong technical skill set, taking a data-driven approach to solve complex problems across our inbound supply chain. This individual is a great communicator – both written and verbal – with demonstrated experience working cross-functionally across many stakeholder teams which may have competing priorities. The position provides opportunities to influence one of the most visible and high impact areas in MENA.
- Will provide new and innovative solutions for complex problems, sometimes imagine and invent before stakeholders ask, sometimes using cutting-edge approaches.
- Retrieve and synthesize data from multiple sources, and present critical insights in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving performance.
- Translate functional requirements into robust, efficient, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Work with AWS technologies such as S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, Redshift, EMR and more.
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products.
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Finance, Applied Math, or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated results in a statistical analyst, business intelligence or data science role.
- Strong fluency with data querying languages (e.g., SQL), scripting languages (e.g., Python) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g., R, Stata, MatLab), and Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel).
- Experience with algorithm development
- Proficiency in command line tools
- Capable of data processing and transference outside of ETL tools or databases (custom scripts to pull and load from APIs or Files).
- Experience articulating business questions into analytical questions, and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics.
- Detail-oriented and an aptitude to solve unstructured problems.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Finance, Applied Math, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of a variety of quantitative modeling techniques, e.g., logistic regression, decision trees, SVMs, neural networks, graph theory
- 2+ years of supply chain design and management experience.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.