Business Intelligence & Growth Manager - L'Occitane
Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director and in charge of omnichannel sales for the brand, the Business Intelligence & Growth Manager will be responsible for facilitating and optimizing decision-making through omnichannel studies carried out in close collaboration with all of the brand's channels. The aim of this role will be the optimization of total investments to maximize the return on investment.
What you'll be doing
- Build decision support tools & analysis to redefine our distribution strategy in order to include each channel in L'Occitane Middle East's overall strategy (analysis on the cannibalization or not of channels, identification of POS at risk)
- Definition of precise KPIs allowing each channel to find "its place" and avoid any risk of "internal competition": clarify the role of retail vs. distribution; challenge our presence in certain selective chains; own website vs. Market place and assess offline & online business opportunities
- The Business Intelligence & Growth Manager will be responsible for understanding the expectations of each channel and building reports that allow a better reading of our performance while promoting an omnichannel approach and therefore exchange between our different sales departments.
- The Business Intelligence & Growth Manager will also receive many Adhoc requests that must be prioritized according to the strategy adopted and always maintaining an omnichannel approach to our data.
- The Business Intelligence & Growth Manager will also have to participate in the "training" of certain teams on the existing tools to guarantee the right level of autonomy of the teams
The Business Intelligence & Growth Manager will also be solicited on a (non-exhaustive) list of cross-functional topics such as:
- The clustering of our retail network based on the profile of our customers linked to the shops
- Optimization of our CAPEX to maximize the ROI of our investments
- Omnichannel strategy of our assortment
- Price positioning and competition analysis
- Gray market analysis
- Preparation of Budget analyzes (including ARC vision)
All of the cross-cutting subjects will be worked on in close collaboration with the Marketing, CRM, finance, commercial and brand communication departments.
Create and maintain customer and sales dashboards with Visualizations that impart large volumes of information at a quick glance and provide automated tailor-made insights
- Introduce tailor-made methodologies to effectively track performance, goals and campaigns and decrease time taken to action insights and allow seamless inter-department cooperation and access
- Predicting and forecasting potential outcomes as well as "Return on Investment", to support internal decision making when launching or evaluating new channels, products and Brands.
- Analyzing customer behaviour across the touch points and steps of the customer journey and feed to the management team to take necessary decisions and actions
- Fully responsible for designing, analysing, and presenting primary and secondary market research projects (Qualitative, Quantitative, offline, online, ad hoc, longitudinal, co-creation, etc.)
- Communicate action orientated insights to the business to inform strategy and plan through qual/quant synthesis and compelling/visual storytelling
What you'll need to succeed
- Graduate of a business school or equivalent
- Analytical and visualization approach that is always customer-oriented
- Strong command of Excel, Table & understanding of P&L / financial indicators.
- Proactive, take initiatives, autonomous, willing to move the lines and you put yourself at the service of business to be a source of proposals.
- You love teamwork and want to build an omnichannel strategy in a new team.
- Curious and do not hesitate to get involved in certain operational subjects to better understand them.
- Minimum 8 years experience, with at least 4 years in a similar environment
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department DATA, ANALYTICS & AI Role Analytics Lead - Commercial
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.