Job description / Role
* A small, privately owned organisation is looking for Business Manager to join their team.
* This is a generalist role that involves managing and supporting projects across a full range of subject matter.
* You must be able to pivot quickly based on changing priorities and business needs and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
* Responsibilities include oversight of key business functions, including finance, IT and legal; evaluating, integrating and streamlining business activities; implementing business analytics initiatives; and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
* If you possess strong leadership qualities and analytical skills, thrive under pressure, have good people skills, attention to detail and a strong aptitude for logic, this position is for you.
* Undertake cost benefit analyses
* Train staff on financial stewardship
* Manage financial authorisation schedules
* Liaise with Finance back office as main point of contact
* Manage business credit cards (eligibility, handling and processing)
* Review invoices, payments and expense reconciliations
* Produce management information to support decision making and resolving of issues
* Plan and manage budgets including annual, quarterly and monthly expense tracking
* Contract and documentation review and management
* Drafting of documents and policies that align with our business ethos
* Transaction and due diligence management
* Regulatory Compliance
* Critically assess IT infrastructure security and efficiency and drive improvement projects
* IT asset management including associated documentation
* Insurance Management, including oversight of Global Asset Insurances
* Undertake swot analyses to build strategic plans to meet goals, improve operations and keep the business relevant
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams
* Promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale and engenders professional pride
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent
* A professional background, with solid accounting and finance knowledge and with prior legal experience being an advantage
* Extensive, similar experience within in a small, boutique organisation
* Second nature in handling confidential matters with discretion, understanding and appropriateness
* A multi-tasker, who 'gets things done', maintaining a professional, flexible, positive attitude and approach no matter the subject matter
* Able to successfully manage multiple deadlines
* Analytically minded and proactive, focused on overall efficiency
* Excellent research skills, common sense and negotiation acumen
* Ability to work autonomously, but seeking regular buy-in on progress or brainstorming
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas verbally and in writing, clearly, succinctly and articulately
* Advanced MS Office skills, including high competence in Excel; a good general understanding and confidence with IT software and infrastructure
* Exceptional organisational skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Cross-culturally aware team player, with ability to work independently as required
* Flexible and adaptable in approach to change
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.