Job description / Role
Business Manager and PMO, SAP Training & Development Institute Job
Work Area: Sales Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Founded in November 2012, the SAP Training and Development Institute (SAP TDI) strives to support in the creation of sustainable work possibilities by boosting the business system knowledge and entrepreneurial mindset of students, young graduates, and the experienced workforce in the region. By offering a host of programs tailored to bring SAP business skills to those who have a cultural and social understanding of a local region, the SAP TDI's initiatives help talented minds not only to find jobs but also to establish their own companies by nurturing their entrepreneurial mindset. Furthermore, SAP TDI serves as Think Tank for knowledge exchange, co-creation and co-innovation. Operating in a fast-paced "start-up" environment, the SAP TDI requires employees with hands-on and multi-tasking mentality.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Business Manager and PMO for the SAP Training & Development Institute (TDI) is responsible to drive the institute's tactical agenda and to ensure its operational and organizational effectiveness. As an individual contributor, this role's primary focus will be on "strategy to execution" and to validate and drive TDI's core projects to successful incubation. Additionally, the scope of the role includes developing, executing and continuously improving operations services used across the SAP TDI.
- Constantly assesses the business performance and potential of the TDI and its programs, and proposes strategic and operational actions to uplift and expand its impact.
- Takes on incubation projects in the very early stages; ideates and articulates recommendations about potential ways to progress; is responsible for project execution and governance.
- Supports and conducts analysis for the TDI that contributes to strategy development, competitive differentiators, market readiness and execution of the TDI programs.
- Ability to understand, create, and deliver top-quality, audience-appropriate collaterals
- Follows up on customer/client/stakeholder engagements with self-drive and oversight.
- Aims for business scalability through initiatives such as simplification and standardization of processes. Drives continuous improvement initiatives to streamline key operations processes
- Represents TDI's mission, vision, impact and programs towards a diverse group of stakeholders. Has a flexible approach to quickly understand a stakeholder's requirement/challenge and finds compelling lines of arguments to position the value of TDI's initiatives.
- Evaluates Market data, draws conclusions and proposes actions to leverage market potential
- Overseas the program investments; is responsible to frame and track the institute's KPIs in close collaboration with the program leads and the management team. Enables ad-hoc insight into budget, investment and KPI situation, along all possible dimensions: by program, by country, by activity etc. Provides stakeholders with insights and recommendations.
- Partners with a diverse team of stakeholders located across the TDI and the Market units it operates in, to provide first class strategic and operational support to an organization with highest visibility up to board level
- Supports in the creation of legal frameworks in close alignment with the relevant stakeholders
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Curriculum, Project Manager, Training, SAP, ERP, Education, Operations, Technology
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- MBA or comparable education
- 7+ years of professional experience, preferably in Business Development, Strategy, Business Consulting or Innovation Management.
- Strong business acumen coupled with clear understanding of the realities and challenges of the market, and an entrepreneurial and data-driven mindset. Well-developed "general business mindset" to ensure viable commercial business model.
- Strong project management skills, detail oriented; must be highly organized with the ability to manage towards multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Proven track record of driving results and is self-motivated. Highly experienced in formulizing strategies and executing them with clear milestones.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, ability to create clear and compelling lines of argument and to engage with various stakeholders, including senior management. Strong ability to "lead without authority"
- Highly skilled with MS Office Solutions, especially MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong awareness of IT-/Market Trends.
- Knowledge of the MENA region is a plus.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.