Job description / Role
The Business Manager – Sales is responsible to develop the market and customers for Paint, Coatings, Oil & Gas, Resin, and other allied industries, mainly Solvents and Specialty chemicals in the Middle East and African markets.
This role will report to the Sales Director. The primary job function includes but is not limited to:
• Develop market and customers in the assigned territories.
• Establish, build and maintain relationships with customers.
• Understand and execute regional marketing plans.
• Build and nurture solid working relationships with marketing managers to facilitate effective two-way communication.
• Regularly look at new products / new Industries.
• Graduation with a degree from a recognized university with specialization in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or technical. MBA desired but not mandatory.
• Knowledge & understanding of Chemical Business environment & Products
• Minimum three to five years industrial sales experience.
• At least three to five years’ experience in developing business / account plans and leading and/or participating on account / business teams both regionally and globally. This must include experience working with logistics and technical teams.
• At least three years experience managing multiple product offerings to a variety of customers in the chemical industry.
• Good Chemical knowledge of products.
• Customer focus and ability to develop strong relationship with key customers
• Should be able to manage and strengthen relationships.
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Should be young, dynamic, customer centric and a team player
Desired start date:
• As soon as possible
• Competitive and in line with market
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.