Job description / Role
- Annual planning and budgeting
- Support in the Group's corporate annual planning and budgeting processes, including regular business reviews.
- Responsible to ensure alignment between group strategic plans and business units.
- Create framework for growth measurement
- Project analysis and prioritization
- Conduct project analysis for major projects.
- Carry out operational analysis for various activities covering process improvement and spend analysis.
- Work with stakeholders on the development of Green Light Pack (in accordance with the norms of the industry and best practices)
- Investment analysis on big/mega budget movies to review return options and projections.
- Implementation planning for strategic initiatives for the group.
- Support in developing a project prioritization and follow up approach.
- Improve validity of statistical and financial/business analysis on company data centered activities.
- Operations reporting and follow up.
- Support in the preparation of annual business operations plans and action plans.
- Continually review cost structures and operating models to identify areas of improvement (while highlighting implementation steps and challenges)
- Supervision of service level reporting and inputs into scorecard results across Group
- Preparation of periodic reports for Executive Committee and the Board
- Management reporting and financial projections (Development spending and tracking performance on spend)
- Prepare and analyze tax credit reports to ensure we are up to speed with the filings and status.
- Group Projects
- Facilitate setting up of annual business and action plans for all the business units.
- Project evaluation and support
- Support the development of processes and structures of Group Services and work with cross functional departmental teams to improve workflows/communication.
- Minimum 6+ years of professional experience in a similar business/corporate environment
- Preferred experience in industry - working closely with production houses, TV networks or broadcasting media
- Holder of a MBA in Business from a well reputed university
- Experience in successfully negotiating and closing deals
- Fluency in English and Arabic (an added advantage)
- Background in financial and business modeling
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Proven skills in conducting industry research and analysis
- Organized and confident to work independently and efficiently under pressure
- Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 5-7 days, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.