Job description / Role
EY (Dubai) Tax - Business Tax Advisory Services Graduate Program (UAE National)
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Be enriched with experiences at EY that will last a lifetime. We provide you with the right people support, experiences, development and opportunities to help you create your future. â€‹â€‹
What we do for our clients in EY UAE Tax?
At EY UAE Tax, we develop strategies for our clients to help them work out the best way for them to run their business while they manage their tax position in a complex, global world. By helping our clients meet their obligations, we're helping them grow their business profitably, but also supporting the governments and the communities in which they operate.
Tax Sub-Service Lines
International Tax and Transaction Services helps international business in identifying tax risks in their potential Mergers and Acquisitions deals and post-acquisition demands including international tax restructuring.
Transfer Pricing Services assists clients with ensuring that their transactions between related parties are priced on comparable terms to similar transactions that would have been performed had the parties not been related.
Private Client Services serves the unique needs of private businesses and their owners who understand the range of private and business matters and can support the complex range of tax matters impacting business operations and private wealth.
Indirect Tax Services help organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle. You'll advise clients on the VAT, customs and excise tax treatment of new and complex transactions and help resolve disputes and issues with the authorities.
People Advisory Services assists mobile companies and their employees with their employer and employee taxes and immigration issues in an environment where there is a growing need to travel for work
What is an EY UAE Tax Graduate Program?
If you have graduated from university, or will do soon, our UAE Tax Graduate Program could be just the job for you. It is a two-year graduate development program aimed at building the foundations for a successful career in Tax through targeted learning, coaching and experiences.
The Tax Graduate Program is designed for new graduates starting their career in one of our Tax sub-service lines.
You will be supported in your journey by experienced Tax professionals within the region, and across the globe, who will guide and share their experience with you.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Associate you will be working directly with senior colleagues . You'll spend your time on a diverse array of projects and clients in a highly collaborative culture. You will g et to know our clients, their businesses and how they work to provide the right service.
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's or Master's degree: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law or any business-related degree where you have completed courses in Taxation
Bachelor's degree: completed within the past 18 months of applying to the graduate program
Master's Programs/Master's Degree: completed within the past 18 months with no relevant work experience for more than 6 months or students who started their Masters directly after completing their bachelor degree.
- UAE National with family book
What we look for
We are most interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in Tax. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, and the industry-recognized training you will need to grow in your career. If you are a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in tax, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- Work-life balance - When you can shape work around your life, you are likelier to be happier and more productive. That's why we offer flexible working arrangements like home-working and reduced hours.
- Mentoring - While lots of learning happens on the job, mentoring is a great way to pass skills and experience from one person to another. You will get your own mentor, who'll be there to support you on your career journey.
- Buddy - Want someone to ask those day-to-day questions? You will get your own buddy, who will assist with day-to-day matter and ensure you will have a smooth transition from university into the workforce.
- Coaching - It's important that you can always have open, honest conversations about your career. Coaching offers just that, with the impartial advice, opportunities and ongoing support to help you reach your goals.
- Expand your horizons - Career mobility is one of the benefits working in a globally integrated firm like EY. Whether you want to experience working in a new city, a different country or even another specialism, we can help you explore how to make that possible.
- A broader experience - On your EY journey you can participate in EY Ripples which is EY's global corporate responsibility program that provides our people opportunity to positively impact lives of other individuals using their skills and experience. You can also apply to become a member of the EY Youth Council (the corporate youth council registered under the Federal Youth Authority of the UAE under H.E Shamma Al Mazrui Minister of State for Youth Affairs).
- Professional Qualification - We believe that supporting our people's professional development is fundamental for their growth and success. Therefore, EY encourages you to study for an approved professional qualification that is deemed relevant for your present and future roles. EY provides you with financial support, training/tuition, logistical support and paid study leave.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region