Job description / Role
A Butler is responsible for providing an array of personalized services to
Hotel guests such as the wakeup call, newspaper delivery, shoeshine, with a friendly and caring manner according to Kempinski's policies and procedures and LQA standards.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel's wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel's classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain available to provide assistance for any matter related to making the stay of Hotel guests a pleasant and memorable one.
- Coordinate with Room Service the delivery of fruits for VIP guests and prepares the VIP fruit baskets. Replenish them on a daily basis until the guests departure.
- For the VIP guests, welcome upon arrival outside their assigned room and offer assistance.
- After check-in, introduce themselves to the guest, escort the guest to their room and explain room and hotel facilities and offer assistance for the remainder of their stay.
- Coordinate luggage handling with Concierge sections for arriving and departing guest to ensure safe and timely delivery.
- At times, check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the procedures and Kempinski standards.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and take appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle.
- Offer personalized wake-up to the room with tea or coffee as per guest requests. Offer assistance to guests with shoe shining, packing and unpacking luggage, collecting and delivering laundry and dry cleaning.
- Keep abreast of all hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, and upcoming events in order to be able to answer guest requests and questions.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Hotel apprenticeship or a higher college education is an advantage.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in a luxury 4 or 5 star hotel or serviced apartment's environment is essential Skills and Knowledge. Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), Innovative, Pro-active and reliable.
- Operational knowledge of either Front Office , Food and Beverage or Housekeeping operations.
- Knowledge of VIP welcoming protocol
- Good physical conditions, Positive and outgoing
- Has knowledge about Microsoft Office Applications
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.