Butler - Arabic Speaker
Job description / Role
Position : Butler - Arabic Speaker
Department : Butler Service
Reports to : Butler Supervisor/Guest Relations Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide an endlessly enchanting experience to all the in house residents through the raffles personal touch .
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all the residents receive prompt and courteous service.
- Informs Senior Butlers of matters concerning to butler operations, including upkeep of all resident rooms and reports any maintenance faults / anything abnormal, to the supervisor immediately.
- Cleans and maintains all butler areas including occupied / non-occupied rooms, pantries, stores, equipment's, perishables, stationary, etc.
- Checks the expiry dates of all perishables and practices optimum usage of recourses.
- Maintain the minibar stocks
- Liaises with Culinary and Guest Relations team and checks on a regular basis to ensure amenities, resident preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly.
- Maintains appearance, discipline and efficiency at all times and understands that necessary action will be taken when found lacking in any of the above.
- Ensures that consumption of resident supply is under control
- Delivers the Raffles touch by exceeding the resident's expectations and providing proactive personalized service.
- Practices up-selling of the hotel products and facilities.
- Ensure that repeat residents are met and greeted regularly and the profiles are updated.
- Attends daily briefing and notes all information about the residents and functions in the hotel
- Fully aware of Raffles Hotels & Resorts standard and Adhere to the core values of Raffles Dubai
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Provide long staying residents / Special attention residents / occasion celebrating residents with greater importance and take good care of them.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team Guest Relations Manager / Butler Supervisor
- Takes regular inventories of all items within the jurisdiction of butlers and informs the supervisor for any fresh stocks required
- Fully understands the difference of room categories.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Ensures all unattended valuables and belongings inside resident rooms are noted and supervisor is informed about the same.
- Reports any lost found to the supervisor and the HK coordinator immediately and deposits the same within half an hour in the HK office.
- Maintains all reports and records as per the directives of the Senior Butler / Head Butler and respects the deadlines
- Offers various facilities and services in order to enable residents to enjoy their stay to the fullest
- Work closely with housekeeping team in maintaining the guest room and ensure all rooms / suites are tidied up after residents leave their room.
- Perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and a pleasant demeanor
Perform such functions as to include but not be limited to:
- Liaise with the Concierge, Raffles Club, and Guest Relations team in preparing a detailed stay of the guest, such as restaurant reservation wake up calls, trip information, and transportation arrangement. Etc.
- Provides prompt laundry service, shoe shine service and ensures that special preferences of all residents are taken into consideration.
- Greeting Guest and showing them to their rooms, offering refreshments, and taking care of them throughout their stay
- Provide balcony dinners and creates secret spaces for guests privacy and romance by thoughtful and caring service
- Recommend and arrange amenities for guests
- Provide a fond farewell for each guest.
- Liaise with the Guest relations team with special set up and ensuring an enchanting stay of guest celebrating occasions at Raffles
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Prepare requisitions for amenities on a timely basis and to ensure Amenities are placed prior guests arrival
- Arabic Speaker
- Good English language verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum two year's experience as a butler.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Reservations Agent - Arabic Speaker
Front Office Supervisor
IRD Order Taker - Arabic Speaker
Guest Services Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Guest Relations Executive