Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To ensure operational efficiency of all Butler Service areas during shift and the service delivery of those areas.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has full awareness, supervises all tasks of his/her staff.
- Directs the work assignment of all non-supervisory personnel
- Monitors butlers to ensure residents receive prompt and courteous service
- Informs Head Butler of matters concerning to Butlers operations, who, in turn, will liaise with all the relevant departments
- Performs routine inspections of all butler areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms, pantries, stores, equipments, perishables, stationary, etc.
- Inspects resident rooms and pantries on a regular basis to ensure amenities, resident preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary
- Ensures that consumption of resident supplies is under control
- Assists in monitoring and controlling relevant procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and residents
- Ensure that Butlers deliver the Raffles touch by exceeding the resident's expectations and providing pro active personalized service
- Ensure that up selling is optimized and hotel products and facilities are utilized to the utmost by all residents
- Ensures that butlers receive appreciation for their efforts in the form of regular feedback and recognition
- Ensures that the team adheres to the core values and the brand dimension of Raffles The Palm
- Ensure that repeat residents are met and greeted on a daily basis and profiles are updated
- Ensures that long staying residents/ special attention residents/ occasion celebrating residents are given greater importance and are taken care of exclusively
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly between the team and the Head Butler
- Ensures that the Head Butler is fully aware of the tasks and assignments of every individual within the department
- Conducts regular trainings and role plays to ensure all trainings are understood by the team
- Conducts inventories and stock taking of all items within the jurisdiction of Butlers and is responsible for the ordering of new stocks
- Conducts daily briefings and inform all members of staff about the VIP residents, functions in the hotel and city events
- Provides an environment which is congenial and ensure that all team members receive unbiased supervision.
- Fully aware of Raffles standards
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels ( VIP)
- Fully understands the difference of Room Categories.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Ensures that third service is provided to all rooms/ suites and appraises the Head Butler about the same
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Display high levels of integrity, dedication and support for continuous improvement
- Good knowledge of the entire Front Office Operations
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can motivate the Team to perform their best
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum two / three year's experience as a butler with at least 1 year at the supervisory level.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Outlet Assistant Manager
Club / Restaurant Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Supervisor / Assistant Manager
Customer Service Agent
A Travel & Tourism Company In UAE