Job description / Role
We are Amazon; we pioneer. We are also going through an exciting period of growth.
That’s precisely why we’re seeking a Buyer to join our Fulfillment & Operations, at the heart of which you’ll find our Fulfillment Centers (FCs and Deliver Stations).
These state of the art facilities sit at the core of the entire business: they are where we manage our fast-moving inventory, fulfill hundreds of thousands of orders each day, and exceed customer expectations. Given their size and scale, they’re also where we need sharp minds keeping an eye on Amazon’s item inventory, purse strings and supply chain.
We’ll need you to provide holistic, functional support to your Fulfillment Center Procurement Manager–your line manager–with all aspects of Procurement. This includes securing a constant flow of packaging and non-inventory goods and services; we’ll need you to ensure everything is supplied at the best possible value to the business, on a daily basis.
YOUR HIGH-LEVEL MISSION AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Functioning as part of a close-knit team, you’ll assist with driving cost reduction and improved overall services, for greater efficiencies and economies of scale,
• Assertively advocate the value of smart procurement, to create alignment with and buy-in from your internal stakeholders,
• Assist with the analysis of spending patterns, to help you identify a range of savings opportunities,
• Achieving annual cost saving targets for your Fulfillment Center,
• Ensuring that no Fulfillment Center materials run out of stock, as well as preventing service supply issues.
• Assist with the daily forecast and effective materials management of all non-inventory packaging supplies,
• Liaise with suppliers to negotiate and secure best value for money deals on a full range of non-inventory goods and services,
• Build effective stakeholder relationships, ensuring a high level service regarding quotations and lead-times,
• Work in full compliance with the company Spending and Transaction policy, educating and driving the expected and correct behaviors of business stakeholders,
• Drive effective delivery of the Fulfillment Center procurement metrics, by leading &/or supporting projects and initiatives;
• You’ll need to implement root cause analysis, as you identify any issues, their possible causes, as well as the necessary corrective actions,
• Support the use of Kaizen methodologies throughout your Fulfillment Center, as well as other methods of continuous project improvement.
• Completion of state-required secondary education; a formal business administration or procurement qualification will also be required,
• You’re a great communicator, both verbally and in writing: you’re always clear and precise when interacting with others,
• You’re proficient in ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle, Coupa, in the context of a large organization,
• 1 or 2 years of previous experience in procurement and purchasing, including supplier relationship management,
• Previous experience in a fast-paced and dynamic international working environment,
• Solid computer literacy, particularly in Oracle and Coupa, as well as Microsoft Excel.
• Fluent English and Arabic (Preferred)
• Previous contract and price negotiation experience would be advantageous,
• Previous experience in vendor management.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.