Job description / Role
The buyer will be responsible for developing and executing strategic buying plans for the jewellery category. The buyer must also ensure all financial and contractual objectives are met.
My client is a leading retail fashion brand throughout the Middle East, Africa and India.
• Formulate buying plan and budget for your specific category
• Work closely with the planning team to ensure collaboration
• Align buying plan to overall department business plan
• Ensure constant improvement to the buying and vendor process
• Gather rel event information from industry trade groups
• Keep update to date with the latest buying trends
• Build and maintain relationship with vendors and suppliers
• Ensure season launch's happens on time
• Competitive package and benefits
• At least 4 years experience buying within a retail environment - specifically Jewellery
• Knowledge of far east souring
• Experience negotiating directly with suppliers
• Willing to re-locate to Dubai
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Global Category Buyer