Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a seasoned Buyer with Luxury Home experience to oversee Tanagra, a unique multibrand Luxury Home brand based in the Middle East. Tanagra is a unique address where your mind gets inspired, your heart excited, your soul amazed, transforming homes into a journey of self expressions.
At Chalhoub we bring brands to life. Our buyers are responsible for managing OTB (open to buy) deployed and product selection, ensuring point of sales are filled commercially and the brand image is well executed. These key points are reflected from pre-buying stage to the post buying stage and are monitored throughout the season.
• Demonstrate creative drive & talent in planning, selecting & buying product.
• Utilise knowledge & expertise to bring in innovative new merchandise, new concepts & potentially exclusive product to attract new customers & grow sales.
• In?uence & challenge OTB creation, managing how to spend OTB.
• Analyze & interpret sales ?gures to make good business decisions.
• Take responsibility for gross margin, stock turn & sell thru.
• Actively participate in buys, product selection, & quantifying orders.
• Manage the sale markdown strategy & stock liquidation.
• Present the buys to management & store team.
• Work closely with marketing, vm & store teams, supply chain & e-commerce
• Demonstrate awareness of trends, global market trends & competitors.
• Own supplier relationship & communication
• Actively negotiate with suppliers on stock swaps, RTVs, markdown contribution.
What you'll need to succeed
• 3 -5 years experience in a Luxury Buying capacity, of which 1 -2 years in Luxury Home
• Ability to identify opportunities and drive the success of the brand
• Strong numerical skills and ability to influence and negotiate
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.