Job description / Role
Buying Department Manager - Faces (Beauty)
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years. As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Who we are looking for: Buying Department Manager - Faces (Beauty)
- The main purpose of the role is to optimize the performance of the retail buying function thereby maximizing profitability and customer service whilst enhancing the reputation of the brand.
- The job holder of this position is responsible for managing key brand relationships at a principle level. Negotiating at regional level to drive business objective including the implementation of brand activities in the local market.
- Managing local relationships and analyzing sales, the job holder is also responsible for developing a support strategy for local markets to support sales and bring footfall.
- The job holder will work closely with other buyers and the marketing team, continuously looking for new and innovative concepts, products or services to maintain a varied range to meet customer requirements.
- The department manager will also be responsible for the delivery and execution of the annual promotion plans, including pricing strategy.
- The Buying Department Manager is responsible for setting up the store animation action plan for sign off by the Head of Choice and communication of the plan to key stakeholders.
- Assist the Head of Choice in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and preparing the yearly budgets
- Support to define a 12-month brand plans for the regional network in cadence with the Faces brand strategy.
- Develop the business plan of the Commercial Operations Department in line with the Division objectives and strategic objectives of Chalhoub
- Communicate and support regional partners in the formulation of their local strategy plans in adherence to the above.
- Formulate and communicate the Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the department policies and procedures to ensure the fulfillment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Develop and coach team to create a strong succession plan
- Display senior retail experience including development of strategic plans and change management.
- Leading numeracy skills ranging from interpretation of retail data to management accounts and budgeting.
- Handle negotiations with Brands regarding partnerships agreements
- Conduct monthly business review with major brands and quarterly review on partnership achievement
- Suggest action plan and development plan targeted by market to increase brand performance
- Ensure that podium bookings are completed by trade specialist
- Ensure the bookings are leveraged by maximum potential sell-out brands
- Ensure profitability of podium bookings
- Manage the A&P budget and coordinate regionally with Marketing and Retail to define the split between business areas
- Ensure A&P are spent and respected by market
- Drive traffic to store & improve store profitability by creating operational in-store action plans to increase customer acquisition, retention, satisfaction, cross sell & up sell sales and services
- Define in coordination with Marketing team the guidelines and strategy for yearly animations
- Supervise the creation and implementation of trade calendar
- Supervise the execution of the marketing action plan of the local markets
- Review and comment on monthly reports from Commercial Operations Executive
- Oversee Visual Merchandising operations including permanent, and promotion merchandising, new store opening and new concept
- Review planogram bi-yearly in accordance to Brand performance and oversee implementation in local market
- Finalize new store opening /renovation Brand location negotiation in coordination with Retail
- Coordinate with Marketing and Retail teams for GWPs selection and pricing
- Oversee orders for in-store material and GWPs
Key Areas of Focus:
- Negotiations with brands
- Traffic generation
- A&P budget management
- Podium bookings
- Store openings and renovations support
What you need to succeed in this role:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any related field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar role
What we can off you can offer you:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.