Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
This role is first career step in the buying function. Ideally the candidate would have previous training in retail with a business or fashion background. The candidate would be motivated to work in a fast-paced retail environment. The candidate will be based in Dubai.
- Assisting Buyers in sales analysis per brand, including providing references for items and making correlations with ST data.
- Adding pictures in all ST reports and running category analysis lead by Buyers
- Preparing presentation with VM pictures .
- Ensure that all feedbacks have been collected from the sales team.
- Working on the following up on feedback with Buyers from store team.
- Scouting new brands through social networks and preparing new brand profiles (bio, avg price-point, distribution, adjacencies).
- Assisting in data entry of purchase orders.
- Preforming alignment studies in the region and worldwide
- Assisting Buyers in following up on deliveries with logistics department and vendors.
- Assisting Buyers in following up on action plans including training, incentives, and swaps.
- Assisting Buyers in evaluating inventory levels per brand (own-bought and consignment), transfers between stores, and identifying reorder opportunity.
- Participating in weekly walkthrough and conference call with the store with Buyers.
- Supporting Buyers in preparing seasonal trends according to buy.
- Preparing seasonal lookbooks per category.
- Participating with Buyers in floor layout strategy.
- Maintaining store brand matrix presentation.
- Maintaining contact list and updating records.
- Suggest marketing focus throughout the season.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in business administration, Fashion Design, Supply Chain or any relevant field.
- Excellent command of MS Excel (V-look up, pivots, reports) & PowerPoint.
- Creative mindset with attention to detail.
- Desire to grow career in Buying & Merchandising.
- Previous experience of working in multi-national fashion companies with diverse audiences.
- Strong knowledge in fashion, you know the brands, the fashion trends, the products.
- 0 - 2 years' experience in similar role.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.