Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 600,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
This position will have regional oversight of various projects and initiatives to achieve organizational goals and deliver results. This role will require engagement and alignment with global business teams, finance operations, operational teams, system developers and project managers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with fundamental knowledge accounting standards and proven record of delivering results through strong program management skills, problem solving skills, financial process and system knowledge.
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
Oversee the C- COGS accounting to ensure the following:
- Financial agreements are being reviewed and reconciled to ensure that accurate information is entered into various reporting tools.
- Promotions offered from suppliers are appropriately approved and reviewed.
- Support all members of finance team to drive best practices, especially in the area of pricing, vendor agreements, management reporting and compliance.
- Supervise daily operations, become the expert on reviewing C-COGS agreements and Promotions.
- Audit and improve standard C-COGS tools & processes, enable simplification, automation and scale.
- Identify and communicate issues and areas for improvement to Finance/ Vendor Managers and make recommendations which processes should be improved or optimized.
- Develop excel based tools and financial analysis models to support business decision making.
- Perform deep dive analysis to identify root business and reporting issues.
- Analyze and improve ongoing business results.
- Report results to countries and senior management, maximize Cash Flow by supporting the business.
- Promulgating accounting policies related to C-COGS to ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with IFRS and to ensure that the department's objectives are met such as ensuring right valuation, ensuring that Suppliers balances can be periodically reconciled with third parties and other company's operating systems.
- Reporting to management key metrics related to C-COGS relevant to making management decisions.
- Liaise with External and Internal audit teams in the review and audits of balances and processes related to C-COGS accounts and processes. Coach staff members of the team and ensure optimum professional development.
Minimum 6 years Big 4 audit firm experience (or in a multi-national company in a managerial capacity) - Highly proficient in IFRS and accounting practices . Strong business acumen in the field of retail and e-commerce - Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel - Strong managerial skills - Possesses good leadership qualities and interpersonal skills - Familiarity with SAP is a plus
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - Good verbal and written and communication skills - Good attention to details and accuracy - Strong presentation skills
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.