Job description / Role
The main responsibility of the online programmer would be to make various modules for online games. The online programmer should be capable enough for creating various technical solutions as per the design requirements, additionally should understand various web protocols and technologies.
* Create various gaming components for online games that can support multimillion user bases
* Write clean, robust, reusable code
* Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards
* Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts
* Make optimal architecture to make web and mobile based games using Unity as client-side tech
* Adapt to reuse existing components and technology, rather than re-inventing them again
* Work with leads and production staff to organize the team to be effective and empowered.
* Understands the importance of writing secure code
* Minimum 5 years of programming experience in web and related technologies
* Minimum 2 years of experience with synchronous client / server systems or high traffic scalable web services
* Degree in technology or any other training or equivalent
* Have strong understanding of various protocols like HTTP and Sockets
* Familiarity with client/server packet handling and latency/packet-loss mitigation
* Comfortable in creating RESTful web services and network calls.
* Experience in programming standard multiplayer features (matchmaking, leaderboards, friends etc.)
* Have good working knowledge about databases and be comfortable in using MySql or equivalent database
* Strong skills in server-side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
* Experience building synchronous client / server systems.
* Have some understanding of NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB
* Have excellent programming skills and solid experience programming C/C++
* Comfortable with both Linux and Windows server environments
* Have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.