Job description / Role
The Café Supervisor’s role in OliOli® will be to work alongside the other members of the staff to successfully run the café and ensure customer’s expectation of food and beverages and beverage and customer service are met. This may include the aspect of café operation including equipment, facilities, health and safety, customer-care and administration. The role will involve working with OliOli®’s management team to achieve the best possible quality of food and beverage provision. Café Supervisor works under supervision of the Café Manager following the set objectives and implementing OliOli® Rules and Policies.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer & Economics:
• Taking responsibility for the business performance of the café.
• Handling the F&B part of the Birthday Party business to perfection, both in terms of customer satisfaction and profitability.
• Analyzing and planning café sales performance, targets and profitability.
• Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
• Cost control measures are met.
• Promoting the highest possible service standards.
• Achievement of customer satisfaction at all times.
• Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
• Creating and executing plans for café revenue, profit and staff development.
• Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
• Planning and coordinating menus.
• Handling customer enquiries and complaints
• Meeting & greeting customers and advising them on the menu choices.
• Problem solving
• Handling administration and paperwork
• Liaising with customers, employees, suppliers, licensing authorities, sales representatives etc.
Products and Standards:
• Coordinating with all respective food suppliers for the menu planning and selection.
• Identify and estimate quantities of foods, beverages, and packaged goods to be ordered on a daily basis.
• Consistent application of the Service of Sequence
• Ensuring that SOP’s are being followed.
• Ensure best practices in training
• Ensure Loss Prevention / Reduction in Wastes
• Ensuring production and expiry dates are stated and followed as per law.
• Evaluates customer feedback and comments on the products.
• Monitoring that FOH standards are being met.
• Ensuring policies & procedures are being carried over.
• Evaluate health and safety practices against standards.
• Processes & Stock:
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety.
- Checking stock positioning.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the cafe when circumstances dictate.
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
- Record information about inventory and health practices.
- Handle food, utensils, and bookkeeping materials.
• Ensure all café equipment is always maintained in top notch condition and serviced as per service schedule.
• Coordinating the entire operation of the cafe during scheduled shifts.
• Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
• Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
• Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
• Organizing and supervising the shifts of FOH, waiting and cleaning staff.
• Preparing and presenting staff reports.
• Coordinate the work and activities of staff.
• Conduct appraisals
• Effective delegation and appointment of tasks
• Perform administrative activities such as scheduling, budgeting, and payroll.
• Maintaining confidentiality as per company policies.
• Professionally relays information within the organization.
• Shares information within respective levels.
• Maintains excellent supplier relations with all the different suppliers:
- Café food supplier
- Birthday party food supplier
- Juice supplier
- Water suppliers
- Coffee supplier
- Filter water supplier
• Ensure communication with each supplier is done in writing via email and a record of each communication is always saved.
• Ensure POs are released no later than 4pm of each day for the following day’s orders.
• Ensure perfect filling and recording of each PO sent to each supplier.
• Ensure perfect filling and recording of each signed Delivery Note presented by each supplier.
• Ensure timely payments are released by finance to each supplier as per the stipulated payment terms in the contract.
• Conduct regular brainstorm sessions with supplier for new product options for the menu, to increase variety and profitability.
• Negotiate best prices in interest of OliOli with flexible payment terms.
• Constantly search for new supplier options for each different item/s, which can help in improving menu variety, taste and profitability.
AED 5,000 to 6,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• College degree is preferred. Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management would be a plus.
• Average 3-5 years of experience in Restaurant/Cafe set up and operations.
• Past work experience in any Children’s establishment such as children’s café, school canteen or nursery would be considered as a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of F&B Operations
• Excellent computer skills, especially knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Local Dubai Laws, Tradition and Policies
• Valid certification of Basic Hygiene Training & Person in Charge Training will be considered a plus
• Friendly and dynamic personality with a natural ability to communicate and engage with children is extremely important
• Patient and warm character
• Excellent Social and Communication Skills
• Effective Leadership Skills
• Expected to work on weekends/holidays
• Financial Planning and Management
• Physically Fit and Good Balance
• Ability to Operate Simple and Complex Machinery and Equipment
• Values: Honesty, Integrity, Professionalism and Commitment
• Reports to: Cafe Manager.
• Supervises: Two café servers. The staff strength might increase later.
• Proactively communicates with relevant colleagues
• (Externally) – Food Suppliers, Juice Suppliers, Water Suppliers, Packaged Goods Supplier, Coffee Supplier, Kitchen Equipment Company, Customers, Govt. Bodies (as and when and if required)
About the Company
OliOli® is the Hawaiian word for 'joy'. With 8 galleries and over 40 exhibits, OliOli is an interactive play museum of delights to stimulate a child's body and mind.
We exist to bring wow experiences to children of all ages - creating a wholesome and delight-filled alternative to screen-based fun. Each space has been thoughtfully conceived with creativity and innovation, designed to inspire, stimulate imagination and curiosity, and spark a love of learning.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Restaurant Operations Supervisor - Buns and Cones
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Food and Beverage Coordinator
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Restaurant / Outlet Manager
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||19 Sep|