Job description / Role
Perform structural analysis and calculation notes as per relevant industry standards.
Responsibilities / Duties / Job Skills:
- Perform Structural Analysis;
- Design of Steel Connections (welded/bolted) using software and/or hand calculations;
- Write Technical Reports and Calculation Notes in technical English,
- Review, check, and verify all structural drawings, and documents related to project;
- Assist project engineers during the preliminary studies, procurement, and installation phases.
Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the field;
- Engineering Master’s degree (Civil/Structural/Naval engineer) or other related;
- Experience Offshore Drilling and/or Oil & Gas industry;
- Active user of STAAD PRO and Mathcad;
- Familiar with Structural Hand Calculations (e.g. design bolts, welds etc);
- User of at least one Finite Elements Software, ANSYS WORKBENCH and/or FEMAP;
- Knowledge of any programming language;
- Understanding of related standards AISC, ABS, DNV, API-RP-2A, ASME;
- Technical knowledge of steel fabrication;
- Experience on design of equipment (in particular drilling equipment) and Piping Low Pressure and/or High Pressure (ASME B31.3 and Flexibility Analysis) are a plus.
Functional and Behavioral Competencies:
- Project Management – Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing on the critical priorities.
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly.
- Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
About the Company
OilExec International strives to be recognised as a market leader in traditional and web-based recruitment and staffing solutions for the global oil and gas industry. The principal goals of the company are:
- To provide tools and services that improve our clients' recruitment business processes, resulting in measurable economies of costs, time and human resources.
- To facilitate both Jobseekers' access to worldwide oil and gas industry employment opportunities and recruiter's access to international professional personnel.
OilExec International achieves these goals through a combination of traditional HR recruitment methodology enhanced by the technological functionality of OilExec's online job-posting and resume database.
Alumil Middle East
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer
Site Engineer / QA/QC Engineer
Al Sitara Gulf Contracting
|Abu Dhabi||6 Oct|
Senior Structural Engineer
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||16 Nov|